Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teens smoking ecigs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
It seems to be the new fad that kids are starting to smoke those ecigs instead of regular cigarettes. My daughter has several friends that use to smoke cigarettes and now have switched to ecigs. Is this a new fad for teens? Have your teens tried ecigs?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:47 AM

never heard of it... My teen doesnt I guess

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:49 AM
It's still illegal to sell them to minors. I haven't seen any increase in it though.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:50 AM
My dd doesn't smoke but if she wanted smoke e cigs in a few years, I would be ok with the e cigs
KawfeeKathy63
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:53 AM
My oldest does smoke and she does use the ecig at school and a number of her friends do as well. They smoke the ecigs when they are places where they can't have cigarettes. Not sure if it's a fad or just an alternative.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:54 AM

I dont mind if my older teens 16-17+  smoke ecigs or hookah 

The ecigs are a big fad now 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:54 AM

That is not true everywhere. 

Quoting Anonymous: It's still illegal to sell them to minors. I haven't seen any increase in it though.

Justine1993
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:56 AM
Its more of an alternative. There rbsone kids that never smoked but now smoke ecigs to look cool but for real smokers its an alternative

Quoting KawfeeKathy63: My oldest does smoke and she does use the ecig at school and a number of her friends do as well. They smoke the ecigs when they are places where they can't have cigarettes. Not sure if it's a fad or just an alternative.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:33 AM
In the US under federal law it's illegal to sell any product that promotes the use of tobacco products to anyone under the age of 18. Ecigs fall into that category.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: It's still illegal to sell them to minors. I haven't seen any increase in it though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:35 AM

It is illegal to sell tobacco to someone under 18. Not anything that promotes it

You can buy ecigs underage here...it is up to the store if they want to sell them too you. Some will only sell the nicotine free stuff to minors. 

Quoting Anonymous: In the US under federal law it's illegal to sell any product that promotes the use of tobacco products to anyone under the age of 18. Ecigs fall into that category.
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:00 AM

no my teens dont smoke cigs or e cigs.

I cant wait for the next few yrs when the drs start telling everyone how harmful the ecigs liquid is.lol They wont be so happy they jumped on this band wagon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN