Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

heart breaking hospital stay

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 5 Replies
My 2.5 yr old d.d.had been seeming sick and had girl issues down below.so we took her to the Dr. Since she was breathing hard. They tested her sugAr.... it was 500. So we rushed to the children's ER. After pokes and tests she has diabetes.
I'm still in shock, I hate seeing my baby girl like this. And I miss home. It's Sunday we've been here since like 6pm Friday. I'm praying her numbers are good for lunch. She really wants food.

Does anybody have any tips or advice. I'm scared here...

Jen, Momma Of 2 GREAT kids... Nicholas and Veronicatoddler boy baby girl

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:56 AM
I'm sorry. I don't know, so here's a bump.
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:56 AM

My niece is type 1 and my sister does a lot with helping other parents. What state are you in? I know we were all just numb when we found out because I know I personally just was completely ignorant about Type 1. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM
I'm sorry :(. Before discharging her, a registered dietitian should come talk with you and explain carb counting and carb:insulin ratio. Ask for that if it hasn't already been arranged. You can also do outpatient follow ups.
MammaBoom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM

There have been a ton if ppl in and out.... makes my head spin. She's finally off the iv and was able to eat.

MammaBoom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Quoting sheena696:

My niece is type 1 and my sister does a lot with helping other parents. What state are you in? I know we were all just numb when we found out because I know I personally just was completely ignorant about Type 1. 

We're in Michigan

Jen, Momma Of 2 GREAT kids... Nicholas and Veronicatoddler boy baby girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)