Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all Italians! I need help with Easter dinner!!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM
  • 26 Replies

My BF's parents are coming to town for Easter (1st time meeting them for me). BF comes from a large Italian family so pasta is something they had almost daily growing up.

Well I am hosting Easter dinner since his parents will be in town & had things like ham, scallop potatoes, green beans, etc planned. Until BF asks what Italian foods I plan on serving!!!

So HELP!!! What should I serve???? I don't think pasta salad qualifies as Italian food! And lasagna is not traditional Easter dinner food for my family!! Nor will my children eat it because they are picky like that (they don't like Mamma's homemade sauce)!!!

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:04 AM
3 moms liked this

Easter for us includes lasagna lol An antipasto tray is how we start...salami, pepperoni, marinated mushrooms, olives, provolone, marinated  mozzarella balls, artichoke hearts and of course, fresh Italian bread. 

pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok now I'm hungry! Lol

Quoting JulyBabies:

Easter for us includes lasagna lol An antipasto tray is how we start...salami, pepperoni, marinated mushrooms, olives, provolone, marinated  mozzarella balls, artichoke hearts and of course, fresh Italian bread. 

hautemama83
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:07 AM
I'd ask him what his family likes, and what he thinks you should serve. Hell I'd even ask him to prepare it.
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:08 AM
You could do baked ziti it's sauce, ricotta cheese pasta topped with mozzarella cheese then baked. It's a staple at everything my family does for holidays. Oh don't forget meatballs and sausage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
If you're not Italian, don't bother. Let him cook. You will embarrass yourself. Seriously.
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I don't make my own bread (don't have the equipment at the moment) so that will be store bought. BUT I do like the sounds of the other things!

Quoting JulyBabies:

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CampClan:

I don't make my own bread (don't have the equipment at the moment) so that will be store bought. BUT I do like the sounds of the other things!

Quoting JulyBabies:

Haha I don't make my own bread either. I live in Brooklyn and have an Italian bakery across the street. By fresh, I mean picking it up in the bakery in the morning lol 

momofirish3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM
My dh's family.does the traditional ham dinner and has pasta as a side dish. I don't get it lol. However a good penne pasta with vodka sauce is nice and maybe an Italian style.soup. Good luck!
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Depending on the area his family is from, I might be able to help. 

From naples on south, pistachio pastas are crazy popular. 

Stuffed shells or a great lasagna are good picks too. :) 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Cooking traditional Italian food is not something you can just, "do", we have Easter pie, antipasto, pasta with marinara, then a meat, a couple of vegetables sauteed in olive oil and garlic, some melon, fennel, and prosciutto to wrap it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)