Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alienation of affection?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
anyone gone after their husband or his home wrecker for Alienation of Affection? what was the process??
My husband has left me for another woman, it's been 5 weeks and they are moving in together, were not even divorced. He has had an open to the public relationship with this woman, but denies her to me, but I have pics and proof of them together.
She is still married herself..but they are seperated, I've got info on them from her husband.
My husband is doing me so dirty..and our kids, he won't even give me money for them when I've been a stay at home mom and he has supported.
We've been together 10 years!! We have a 5 year old and a baby that will turn one next week.

This lady has also broken up other couples..
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Stop focusing on this lady. Get an attorney, file for divorce, cs, and alimony if you feel it necessary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Check the laws where you live. There might be adultery laws still on the books. Press charges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Your DH broke your home, not her.
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:21 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous: Check the laws where you live. There might be adultery laws still on the books. Press charges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I get your marriage and family has been ruined. But in all honesty, this woman didn't have a vow of fidelity to you, YOUR HUSBAND did. I cannot understand why you're more focused on HER than HIM? 

I'd get the best damn attorney HIS money would buy, and nail his ass to the wall. Don't be nice, don't be forgiving..HE is responsible for HIS actions, HE broke his vows to you, not the other woman. I'm not saying she's not a skank but HE said yes, HE slept with her, HE kept it from you. 

.anonymous
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:32 AM
EXACTLY. The true homewrecker is the one who cheats on their spouse. The other person is just a part of their homewrecking.

Quoting Anonymous: Your DH broke your home, not her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

No. I think it's stupid. We are humans, not property. Bringing a case will just make you look ridiculous. Let it go and move on.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
This. Very few states recognize that antiquated concept anymore because it presumes the straying spouse is some moron incapable of making decisions for themselves. You can't force someone to love you if they don't. Move on and let it go. Find someone who treats you the way you deserve to be treated. Living well is the best revenge.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Stop focusing on this lady. Get an attorney, file for divorce, cs, and alimony if you feel it necessary.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Why waste your precious time and energy on this? She didn't break up your home, he did. Honestly, going after her only sounds desperate. Get a divorce and move on with your life. Every moment you spend going after her is taking away your power. 

chicagoliz
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Alienation of Affection is a somewhat outdated concept and not very many states stil allow a lawsuit on these grounds.  I think NC and Utah do, and a few others.  So, if you don't live in a state that allows it, you can't do it at all.  Even if you do, I think it would be a tough road.  Sure, it's possible you could succeed, but does this woman even have money to pay a judgement?  I'm not so certain it would be worth it.  You can always talk to an attorney about it, but really, your focus should be on the divorce itself and getting a good property settlement.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)