Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I taught my 9 yr old to do laundry....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
And now I expect her to do her own. I will move the load from washer to dryer because she can't reach but other than that she does it all.

I'm going to teach my 9 and 6 yr olds to clean the bathroom this week. Deep cleaning will still be done by me but the daily wiping up and tidying will be their job.

All my kids clean and organize their own rooms. And the older two wash dishes now and then. Am I mean? Lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vlbomar
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Cool daughter has been doing laundry since that age, son around 4 (monkey see monkey do). Its nice having them NOT complain to me when something isn't washed.... not my fault.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I don't think you are mean. It is good to teach responsibility and at a young age you can teach them the right way to get things done. I speak from experience because I wasn't taught about chemicals and nearly killed my family trying to get a stain out of my favorite pair of jeans when I was an early teen.

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:23 AM

No.

They need to learn some day. Better to start when they're young. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I think chores are good for kids. That said, no one touches my laundry. I'll teach dd how to do hers when she gets older, but she won't be doing mine.
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:24 AM
No, that's good
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM

i think it is great that some parents start early with the kids learning how to help out around the house. . they also need to learn how to cook, ect

HaroldsMom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM

O wow my son is 4 but when he is 9 I will be doing the same I say why not they will have clean close when they  want it  nice job mom love it good

ccarlin
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:31 AM
I think ur doing a good job.I was 8 when I started to learn how to clean cook and wash and dry.It's away they learn responsibility.I told my kids it's good to learn early age so when u go to college or have there own place they what have to depend on anybody.And my kids help me and i feel like we get to bond.Girl my 2yrold lil boy even help clean.Evrn when its most of his miss.lol.But I think ur doing good thing.
jujubear1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:32 AM
I'm teaching dd to do hers. She's 9 also. She's being stubborn about it, but she can do it. Just gonna have to let her run completely out of clothes before she takes the initiative to do it herself. Did that with ss when he was 11 or 12, never had a problem since.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)