Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chocolate cake for breakfast? calling all diabetics :-)

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM
  • 6 Replies
My husband has finally started taking medication for his type 2 diabetes and I would like some ideas for him for breakfast. He works two mornings and would like something other than cereal or prepackaged food. He can't take anything that has to be toasted since there is no toaster
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Bump
scold-01
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM

If he takes brkfast with him, left over dinner is always good...It has your protein and your carb....

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:00 AM
He normally takes that for lunch

Quoting scold-01:

If he takes brkfast with him, left over dinner is always good...It has your protein and your carb....

PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Yogurt, fruit (though have him eat these sparingly as fruit has natural sugars that can raise those BS levels, too), crackers and cheese, egg sandwich, oatmeal, string cheese...these are some examples.

Have him try to steer clear of fruit juices because again, the natural sugars in fruit can also raise those blood sugar levels.

Quoting silverdawn99: My husband has finally started taking medication for his type 2 diabetes and I would like some ideas for him for breakfast. He works two mornings and would like something other than cereal or prepackaged food. He can't take anything that has to be toasted since there is no toaster

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Hard boiled eggs
scold-01
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Also , you can make him brkfst burritos, they keep well in the refrigerator...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)