Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Non Vaxing Mommas I need you!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:27 AM
  • 104 Replies
I am pregnant with baby #2. My husband and I have decided we do not want any vaccines for this child whatsoever. I wanted to go the same route with my first but with an overbearing mil and her father not agreeing things didn't work out that way. My new husband and I have no idea what we need to do, if there are any exempt forms we need to fill out, how to find a pediatrician that will not fight us too much, or really anything. I am only three months ATM so we have plenty of time but I just need to feel prepared all the time. So what I am asking is how do I go about making sure they do not give my child any vaccines at birth and what do I need to do legally to keep this going without risking my child's chances with schooling? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Any rude judegemental or ignorant comments will be used for entertainment purposes.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gregheather
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

You don't need to do anything, just decline vacs at all appointments - but, be prepared to be asked to leave a peds affice becasue you don't vax. Your best bet is to find a family doctor that is ok with a non-vaxing family. For school just google your states exemption forms.

GeekyStefy
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Since I will be delivering in a hospital do I just talk to my ob about not accepting the vaccines at birth? I never had to sign anything for the ones given directly after child birth with my daughter.

Quoting gregheather:

You don't need to do anything, just decline vacs at all appointments - but, be prepared to be asked to leave a peds affice becasue you don't vax. Your best bet is to find a family doctor that is ok with a non-vaxing family. For school just google your states exemption forms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Find out which exemptions your state offers, sign one in advance, make sure to put it in your birth plan, and do NOT let baby out of sight.  You can always go to a Naturpathic or Homeopathic dr...theres no law that says you HAVE to use a pedi.  Or, look for a family practitioner, as they are not such assholes on the vax issue. 

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:34 AM

You should have signed a consent form at the very least...if you didn't they were negliegent, and complaints can and should be filed.  Write out a birth plan, have copies made an plastered ALL over your room...many a baby has been vaxed for HepB against the knowledge of parents, and the form presented later on for signature.

Quoting GeekyStefy: Since I will be delivering in a hospital do I just talk to my ob about not accepting the vaccines at birth? I never had to sign anything for the ones given directly after child birth with my daughter.
Quoting gregheather:

LClark1973
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I vaccineated until our oldest had two seizures, and they could not explain why he had them. Then I stopped.

http://www.nvic.org/vaccine-laws/state-vaccine-requirements.aspx

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM
My SIL doesn't vax, but she met several peds BEFORE having her first to make sure they were on the same page. And congrats on the little belly bean!
GeekyStefy
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM
I am petrified of letting baby out of my sight in the hospital so that's already part of my birth plan but very good to know still. Also thank you for the pedi information. I am very ignorant on how to do this but I know based on my research that this is the best option for my family and I am grateful for any knowledge shared on this subject.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find out which exemptions your state offers, sign one in advance, make sure to put it in your birth plan, and do NOT let baby out of sight.  You can always go to a Naturpathic or Homeopathic dr...theres no law that says you HAVE to use a pedi.  Or, look for a family practitioner, as they are not such assholes on the vax issue. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Hope your baby doesn't get sick :/
JackieGirl007
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Honestly I would tell the doctor that you want to do delayed vaxing, and just delay it indefinitely. They are so pushy, and I have heard horror stories about people refusing vaccines at birth. I'm sure it's not the norm but it wouldn't be worth the risk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)