Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it okay for them but not for me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
When my grandmother passed away my mom and her four brothers had a lot of problems getting along. Fast forward 18 years and my mom and 2 brothers STILL don't talk to the one uncle. He's still around every now and then in town and every time I see him I still hug his neck and tell him yada yada hope everyone's good! :)
Anyways, my sister and I are not talking currently. As of now I have very little interest in speaking to her anytime soon. It seems like everyone in the family from my mother to my uncles are down my throat to talk to her. "Forgive her. In twenty years this won't matter, family should talk thru stuff, yada yada..." type talk. Finally I told them all, when was the last time any of you guys even spoke to Uncle J? Does anyone ELSE have him on FB? Did anyone ELSE send him a Christmas card this year? My mother tried to tell me, that's a completely different situation. How so!? Uncle J lashed out and said some extremely ugly stuff in a very difficult and heartbreaking time. And he was outcast forever. Uncle R also said some extremely hateful stuff too but everyone forgave him.
Why is okay for the whole family to cut someone out the picture but I can't quit talking to my sister for awhile??? I'm not the one who spilled our business all to the family either. That's my sister trying to get me to talk to her by stirring up the family.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Let it go. Hopefully one of you comes around. Sometimes we just need to distance ourselves from familuy for awhile.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Mobile Photo

abrine7673
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:44 AM
No advice but here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:44 AM
That's what I NEED!! Just some Distance. Some time to let the edge off. This is just my "sissy-lala" rant of the day lol.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Let it go. Hopefully one of you comes around. Sometimes we just need to distance ourselves from familuy for awhile.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Thanks!

Quoting abrine7673: No advice but here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Bump it up!
Raine_Dance
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:55 AM
You know, I'm glad my family isn't the only one. My grandparents had 6 daughters. The oldest died when she was 18 and the other 5 are all just constantly bickering and disowning each other being childish. I have two sisters, one who occasionally I bump heads with and we sometimes space ourselves from each other for a few months. But every time the family is suddenly in our business saying forgive and forget. Bitches be crazy and hypocritical! Lmao just ignore them and take your space.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)