Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm thinking of changing pediatrician a because of the way she looks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I know it sounds crazy, but my ds's pediatrician looks EXACTLY like my step-mom. I only get to see my family two or three times a year, and every time my dad and step-mom visit, my ds (2) freaks out because he (I'm assuming) he thinks she's the pediatrician. During this last visit he didn't freak out as badly, but it's also been a few months since he's been to the doctor. I just want for him to be able to bond with his grandma. Is this crazy?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Bump
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Awe! If she's a good dr, I'd keep her. He'll figure out that she grandma and not the dr.

If she's not that great than change.
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Weird
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:06 AM
I'd be more concerned about why your son is so freaked out about his doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:07 AM
I mean, she's capable and all, but she's not very friendly and a little condescending... Ugh. There are other doctors in the practice that he responds better to, anyway, but she's his primary.

Quoting twinmommy27: Awe! If she's a good dr, I'd keep her. He'll figure out that she grandma and not the dr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:08 AM
She's just not very friendly and, unlike his last doctor (who sadly passed), she makes no attempt at reassurance.

Quoting Anonymous: I'd be more concerned about why your son is so freaked out about his doctor.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Sounds like a no brainer then. You should always be comfortable with your child's dr. I'd get rid of her..

Quoting Anonymous: I mean, she's capable and all, but she's not very friendly and a little condescending... Ugh. There are other doctors in the practice that he responds better to, anyway, but she's his primary.

Quoting twinmommy27: Awe! If she's a good dr, I'd keep her. He'll figure out that she grandma and not the dr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Well then there ya go. If you and your son aren't comfortable with the doctor then change. That will also hopefully fix his reaction to his grandma.

Quoting Anonymous: She's just not very friendly and, unlike his last doctor (who sadly passed), she makes no attempt at reassurance.

Quoting Anonymous: I'd be more concerned about why your son is so freaked out about his doctor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)