Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my job is so easy and i should never complain

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 165 Replies
My SIL were talking about being stay at home moms and how much work it is compared to our old jobs, my SO had to put his 2 cents saying that we shouldn't be complaining it's not that hard a lot of women would love to be in our position and that I should be happy. He is always complaining about how hard is day is at work and I shouldn never complain about wanting to go back to work when I have it so easy at home when truth is he prob wouldn't last a day in my shoes if he had to do all things I do every day.

My day seems never ending I get up a hour before my SO clean up a lil iron and lay out his clothes, make is breakfast and lunch. After I'm done I start in my boys breakfast and lunch depending on the day sometimes they want school lunch if it's good.

I get my boys up dress and feed them, do final check over homework make sure everything is in their bags and send them out for the bus, by then my daughter usually is getting up I change and feed her and get her situated then I start my day of cleaning whichs takes up a lot of my day I deep clean every other day and the day and my other days it's normal cleaning he is real funny when it come to the way the house looks and like everything done a certain way.

Cooking also takes up a lot of my time I think I hate cooking more then cleaning now lol I hate making everything from scratch.

After dinner time, I clean the kitchen and living room again, give the kids a bath, help my oldest with homework, play with them, spend time with the baby and get them all ready for bed, after I will go through and clean up whatever mess was made before the kids went to bed, then I will take a shower feed my daughter again because she I usually up again my then after I put her back to sleep. Then it's my SO time. With me.

Why is it because stay at home it's like we do nothing to them.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:38 AM
23 moms liked this
I do all that plus work a full time job so yeah I agree with your so that you shouldn't be complaining
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Some guys do not appreciate/respect their woman being a sahm. I would not stay at home if my dh wasn't supportive & looked down on it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM
3 moms liked this
I think the 2 jobs are 2 different versions of hard. It also depends on what you prefer. Personally, people exhaust me. So working was extremely hard for me. People take all of my energy. Being at home is great for me. I can clean and do whatever without having to worry about what my coworkers or boss is thinking or saying. I just worry about taking the kids to school and picking them up. The rest seems natural for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Meh, laundry, making meals, cleaning, etc is EASY compared to what my DH does. Just because it is work, doesn't mean it is HARD. A lot of women would love the luxury of staying home. Not all, but there are those that would. I find it to be CAKE.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

You need to have the kids help clean up their own messes. You also need to make husband do more like pick out and iron his own clothes. He's an adult, not a child.

I'm not sure why you deep clean every other day and regularly clean on opposite days. If you are cleaning that much, how dirty can your house possibly get?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM
6 moms liked this
So about 85% of your morning routine can be done the day before.

Also, you married a douchebag. The day my husband expects me to take care of him like a child is the day I tell him to get over himself or find someone else. You chose your life partner and your life.

I don't see any part of your day as hard, sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveVenus
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Me too! and i'm pregnant lol

Quoting Anonymous: I do all that plus work a full time job so yeah I agree with your so that you shouldn't be complaining

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Why are you cleaning up your kid's messes?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep. And I go to school full time in the evening....

Quoting Anonymous: I do all that plus work a full time job so yeah I agree with your so that you shouldn't be complaining
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)