Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brawl with the Mother in law

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  • 119 Replies
Let me start by saying I keep my fb very private. I only have family and a few close friends on my list. Its a very short friends list.
I have all the privacy options I can set up.
That being said, last night I took a video of my baby laughing hysterically at me blowing my hair dryer on him. It was on cool so don't worry. Not hot air. And he loved it. This was his first real laugh and I just so happened to be able to record it.

Now my mil and my sil and my brother all live in a different state from us and we don't see them often. So when I get a good video or picture I post it and tag them so they can see it.

I thought that tagging worked like I could post something and tag someone I wanted to see it and they would be notified of it and they could go directly to my pic or video to see it. Which works good since mil and sil only get on once a month or so and neither are going to know to go back 3-4-5 weeks to see a picture I posted for them.

Well anyway apparently I was wrong about how tagging works? My video actually showed up on their walls for all their friends to see. Which freaked me out a little but I thought OK they trust these people that's OK. Well I got a notification like an hour after posting saying some one had shared my video.

A friend of mil whom I have met like twice shared my baby on her Facebook. I told dh that made me uncomfortable and he agreed and said to pm her asking her to take it down. At first I tried to argue with him to get his mom to call her because it was gonna come off as rude from me either way you look at it. He refused so I ended up sending her a pm

I said:

Hi, I see that you had shared a video of my baby. Would you please take it down, if you don't mind I'm not really comfortable with it being shared outside my Facebook page.
After that she replied back saying she didn't even know who I was and if mil didn't want it shared she should have told her. To which I explained how tagging worked and it was my private video and I was sorry for any confusion.
The lady actually refused to take it down at that point! Seriously? Wtf??

So I reported it and blocked her from seeing anything I post again. Then I posted on my wall that when I add pictures or videos of my children please do not share them with people I do not know. And certainly do not share someones memories if you don't even know those people.

And that's when the shit really hit the fan. Mil started calling and texting demanding we answer our phones. At that time dh and I were on a date and he said to leave it alone he would deal with her when the date was over.
So she apparently was not satisfied with that she posted under my post bout sharing things of mine.

She said:
I think your being a little mean about this and you need to stop. Now! She is a friend of mine and if she wants to share something on my Facebook she damn well can. And she didn't deserve the abuse and attack you handed her and you better apologize to her. And stop blasting *crazy woman's name* all over Facebook and stop acting like a child

What the fuck??? This can't be real? Sadly it is. Stupid cow!
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Your mil sounds like a bitch.
Elly219
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM

wtf! That is bs. I feel you. I am the same way. I freak out a little bit. I don't mind when someone asks but if you don't then all hell will break loose!

poshkat
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM
6 moms liked this
If you freak out that much just use email. Nothing on Facebook is EVER private, no matter how much you try to make it private.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Lesson learned for you, huh?
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

FB lesson learned....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Time to delate some people off your facebook page.

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this
If you don't want it shared, don't post it. Lesson learned.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Oh she is. This isn't the first time she has dome something like this on my Facebook page. Normally I have to block her every few months and dh and sil have to jump her ass. This time dh told me I have to stand up for myself or she's gonna keep doing it. So I replied back to her saying I was not rude and I am not the one mentioning any names I made a rather common sense statement and these are my children. I get to decide who seen what from them and if I'm not OK with something concerning their privacy or mine i can and will handle it.

Then she replied back I love you but you need to stop airing our business on Facebook! Let's settle this and move on. Apologize to her!

Ha!

Quoting uhhnogirl: Your mil sounds like a bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Um
THAT is not a brawl.
Argument yes
Brawl no.
Sorry YOU didn't understand how tagging works but those babies laughing hysterically videos are a big hit and likely has already been reshared. Nothing you can do about it now
LyTe684
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Block MIL too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)