Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 14 year old son almost made me cry a few minutes ago! UPDATE with his reaction

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:30 PM
  • 71 Replies
12 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I do loom knitting and I just finished a stuffed teddy bear for my friend's son who is three. I was there when he was born so he is very special to me. My boys wanted to see the bear when I was done and my oldest son held it and said, "If I wasn't 14 I'd ask you to make me one!" This is a child who is bigger than I am and has a voice like Barry White LOL! I think I might make one for both of my boys ( youngest is 12). Who doesn't like teddy bears? Would that be stupid? EDIT: In case anyone was wondering what my bears look like I'm trying to add another picture and it won't let me. I'll try to add it in the replies. The green one is the one I just made for my friend's son. :

UPDATE: So I finished making his bear and gave it to him and his reaction was priceless! At first, he hugged it and said he was going to name it Olaf ( like in Frozen) because he likes warm hugs. Then, when he remembered that he's 14 years old, he tried to act all cool and nonchalant about it, and tried to claim that it was MY idea and MY choice to make it! He "forgot" that he all but BEGGED me to make him one, so I gently reminded him and my husband said, "I think the correct response is 'Thank you Mommy!" Of course then he got all embarrassed and still tried to act cool! LOL! It was awesome!

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Make it! They might not admit it but they will love it. <3
Bethsunshine
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Bump
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
No, it wouldn't be stupid. I'd make them one :) it'd always be very special to them.
Bethsunshine
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm just so emotional because they are growing so fast and my oldest is at the age where he's trying so hard to be cool! It made my heart melt when he said that.

Quoting LaughCryLive: Make it! They might not admit it but they will love it. <3
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
DOOOOO IT!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Make it then give it to them ad a sign of the future you can have them save it for their kids
TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Do it! It will be great!

Awww, they are always our little boys. No matter what.
Bethsunshine
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:47 PM
That's what I was thinking.

Quoting Anonymous: Make it then give it to them ad a sign of the future you can have them save it for their kids
ajdahd13
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:48 PM
You so should! My mom crocheted me a blanket for Christmas a few years ago, and I love it!
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this
100 cool points for your son
and
DO IT
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)