Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So hard to find clothes that fit.

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

Shirts aren't such an issue but trying to find bottoms for my 6yo son is usually a pain. We've had luck with The Childrens Place several times before, so yesterday we headed there to get him a couple new pairs of shorts. I officially love them. All of the pants in his size actually fit him correctly which means I can finally shop online for his clothes. YAY

Anyone else have a hard time finding clothes that fit properly for their children?

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymomof281
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:20 PM
My dd. But now that is gaining weight it is getting easier. My dd is 5'5 all legs and 98lb. Was 89lb duringsummer. Short are to short on her if they fit her waist and pants are high waters. Thankfully now she Is almost 100lbs and she can fit jr 0 but before her waist was 10 kids and length was jr
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:30 PM
That's great! I was really hard to shop for too. 98lbs 5'7" at 16 years old. I don't know why I was surprised that he's the same.

DS is getting close to 4ft but he's very thin. He's wearing a 4t with adjustable waist almost all the way tightened.

Quoting crazymomof281: My dd. But now that is gaining weight it is getting easier. My dd is 5'5 all legs and 98lb. Was 89lb duringsummer. Short are to short on her if they fit her waist and pants are high waters. Thankfully now she Is almost 100lbs and she can fit jr 0 but before her waist was 10 kids and length was jr
crazymomof281
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I love adjustable waist pants because my son is thin too. With dd it wasn't ever an option because even with the adjustable waist it made the legs baggy as hell. My dd will say I am not wearing them they legs are to baggy. Even though I am not fond of skinny jeans that is all she can wear.

Quoting SciFiMama91: That's great! I was really hard to shop for too. 98lbs 5'7" at 16 years old. I don't know why I was surprised that he's the same.

DS is getting close to 4ft but he's very thin. He's wearing a 4t with adjustable waist almost all the way tightened.

Quoting crazymomof281: My dd. But now that is gaining weight it is getting easier. My dd is 5'5 all legs and 98lb. Was 89lb duringsummer. Short are to short on her if they fit her waist and pants are high waters. Thankfully now she Is almost 100lbs and she can fit jr 0 but before her waist was 10 kids and length was jr
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:34 PM

2 of my boys were realky skinny and Sears ( not a place I usually shop) saved the day for me. After a certain size they carry slims.

JackieGirl007
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM

yep. my kids are so skinny! Even the adjustable waist jeans don't go small enough. Grr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Yes!  DD1 is very tall and quite skinny.  I also have had good luck with The Children's Place and their pants in slim.  She's 5 and I buy pants in a 5 slim and shirts in a 6 because of her height.

Only thing is, she hates jeans, so I usually have to seek out other materials.  In winter we often do a dress with tights.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:37 PM

I have to hem a lot of things in and love when we find the pants with the adjustable waists. But that is getting harder for my 10 year old. She is so tall and thin.

lovebug8526
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:43 PM
I had the same problem I do not like skinny jeans and that's what my daughter wore. I have to say the ones I found at wall mart were not bad at all I also had to take her all her pants in even the ones that had the adjustable waist

Quoting crazymomof281: I love adjustable waist pants because my son is thin too. With dd it wasn't ever an option because even with the adjustable waist it made the legs baggy as hell. My dd will say I am not wearing them they legs are to baggy. Even though I am not fond of skinny jeans that is all she can wear.

Quoting SciFiMama91: That's great! I was really hard to shop for too. 98lbs 5'7" at 16 years old. I don't know why I was surprised that he's the same.

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:06 PM
DS wears the slim/skinny with adjustable waist. They don't even look like skinny jeans on him. I don't really care for them either but they fit.

Quoting crazymomof281: I love adjustable waist pants because my son is thin too. With dd it wasn't ever an option because even with the adjustable waist it made the legs baggy as hell. My dd will say I am not wearing them they legs are to baggy. Even though I am not fond of skinny jeans that is all she can wear.

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:08 PM
DS is 6 and almost 4ft tall, but has to be in 4t with the adjustable waist. Luckily we're in AZ so 9 months of the year he's in shorts. The 4t pants are starting to be too short.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes!  DD1 is very tall and quite skinny.  I also have had good luck with The Children's Place and their pants in slim.  She's 5 and I buy pants in a 5 slim and shirts in a 6 because of her height.

Only thing is, she hates jeans, so I usually have to seek out other materials.  In winter we often do a dress with tights.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)