Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm an evil step-mom

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 20 Replies
We have a big cleaning, organizing, "catching up" type day every weekend. With a large household, it really takes everyone pitching to keep up on everything.

Anyway, on the weekends that my husband's children are here, they are expected to help even though they aren't here all week. That's where the evil step-mom comes in.

I make all of the kids get off their Kindles, laptops, iPods, Xbox360, PS3, etc to help do tasks for 2-3 hours. After they are done doing chores, they earn money to go to the convenience store for treats and then get to play outside. They are cutoff from electronics for at least half the day.

I figure they should participate in chores whether here or at home. I'm so mean.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesWifey
by Go HAWKS!!!! on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Your horrible!!!' :) I like that they get rewarded after!!! We have days of no electronics and I love those days. However we have had a massive sickness going around.....so it's been about 3 days of nothing but sittin on the couch holding sick kids and watching sherriff Callie......
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
*Basic overaction about how they are not yours and you being lazy*

My kids are still young, but with a 5,3,&2 year old plus dh.. I do the same lol
TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Ugghhh...I hate when bugs are going around. Hope everyone gets better soon.

Quoting KylesWifey: Your horrible!!!' :) I like that they get rewarded after!!! We have days of no electronics and I love those days. However we have had a massive sickness going around.....so it's been about 3 days of nothing but sittin on the couch holding sick kids and watching sherriff Callie......
Michelle479
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awful. Shame on you.

I do the same thing. My little cousins stay at my house on weekends, school holidays, and during the summer. They know they are expected to help with chores when they are here. :)
bakerytreatz16
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My 2 year old washed the baseboards this morning....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
viv212
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Psh I'm the same way! They want to say that this isn't my house... Well if it's yours, YOU clean it then. Why do I have to clean up after you?
I make them all get off electronics and clean. They are not happy about it. Whatever. It's their house too so they need to pitch in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM

what an evil evil step mom you are! Im going to call CPS on you for letting your kids have treats!

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Gasp!
How dare you!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Im the same way lol my sd thinks im a bitch for treating her just like I treat my own kids .

I guess im just so evil.

Nobody gets special treatment in my house
ajdahd13
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Hey you're better than me. I don't have my kids help at all. I'm so picky about how things are done, so I just do it while DH is at work, and oldest DD is at school.

I keep telling myself I need to start having my oldest do chores, but I can't think of anything that I want her doing, and don't care if it's up to my standards. Lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)