Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be pissed off to pump your own gas? Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 471 Replies
1 mom liked this
Would you be pissed if you went to a full serve gas station and the cashier was outside smoking, the gas pumper was inside using the bathroom apprently and the cashier didn't pump your gas? Didn't even offer and used the excuse I'm the cashier, I don't pump gas or I don't know how.. Would you be piased off??

I'm the cashier and I was smoking away from the pumps by the doors sort of but away from them but I could see the pumps and people could see me

Our station is. 2 cents cheaper than all other places!!!

Cashiers aren't allowed to do gas and jockeys aren't allowed to touch the till/cash except to hand it to cashier... We do not get breaks we have to pee , smoke or eat in between customers or when it's dead which is rare!!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:45 PM
16 moms liked this

Um, no...because you pump your own gas here.  They do nothing but take the money from customers (or you pay at the pump)

aimlee
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM
23 moms liked this

i didnt know people still pumped gas for you. I have been pumping my own gas since I got my first car. 

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM
28 moms liked this

Huh? Gas stations like that still exist?!

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM

ummm, i pump my own gas everytime i go get gas, 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't have full serve, so I always pump my gas.  It's not that hard.  If you don't like it, you don't have to stay.  You can go to another gas station.

aiyess
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM
6 moms liked this
I actually like to pump my own gas and get weirded out when we pull into a full service station and some one pumps for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Said your welcome to pump your own or wait
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM

no i have no problem pumping my own gas and would prefer not to pay extra .

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM
This. I would think its more weird if someone tried to pump my gas.
And how do you not know how to pump gas? Have you never traveled outside of your state? I thought that was a basic skill everyone knew.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Um, no...because you pump your own gas here.  They do nothing but take the money from customers (or you pay at the pump)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM
6 moms liked this
If I was at a full service one yes. Because that's their job. And normally the gas prices are a wee bit higher at them. Also depending on the state it's illegal to pump your own gas. ( like NJ for one)

But we don't have any around here and I rarely travel to NJ so I don't worry about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)