Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this a stomach bug

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:53 PM
  • 25 Replies
My dd is 4 and had little fever yesterday of 100.1 and two bouts of diarrhea. In the middle of the night she said her belly hurt and her temp went up tp 102.3. I gave her acetometiphen and it brought her temp down to 100.3. She woke up this morning saying she was fine and has been playing normal. Her eyes look glassy and she Sound just a little congested.She has gone tothe bathroom and her bowel movement is back to normal but her fever is back up to 101.9. I will call her ped tomorrow if she still has this fever. She has been drnking water pedialyte and popcicles. She had a little toast and yogurt with almonds(only things she would eat). Am I doing the right thing or should I call ped today?
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovey75
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Bump
lovey75
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Bump please
lovey75
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Anyone with advice?
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:00 PM

i would call if her fever gets over 104. sounds like a stomach bug to me. hope she feels better.

lovey75
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Thank you for replying! Something is going around her school but its like she has it a little bit if thats even possible. No vomiting and she feels fine.

Quoting Jessy613:

i would call if her fever gets over 104. sounds like a stomach bug to me. hope she feels better.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Yes it's possible she only has a touch of what's going around. Everyone handles sickness differently because nobody has the same immune system as another person. I think she will be fine and I wouldn't worry too much. If you are real concerned, put a call in to her pedi and see what he/she suggests. *hugs* I know how scary it can be!

Quoting lovey75: Thank you for replying! Something is going around her school but its like she has it a little bit if thats even possible. No vomiting and she feels fine.
Quoting Jessy613:

ajdahd13
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Sounds like it. She'll be fine. Just keep pushing liquids, and don't worry too much about food right now.
lovey75
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Thank you!!

Quoting Jessy613:

Yes it's possible she only has a touch of what's going around. Everyone handles sickness differently because nobody has the same immune system as another person. I think she will be fine and I wouldn't worry too much. If you are real concerned, put a call in to her pedi and see what he/she suggests. *hugs* I know how scary it can be!

Quoting lovey75: Thank you for replying! Something is going around her school but its like she has it a little bit if thats even possible. No vomiting and she feels fine.

Quoting Jessy613:

lovey75
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks I will I just took her temp it wentp to 103.3 I gave her more medication and drinking water and eating crackers if it doesnt go down in 20 Mins I will call the ped. This is freaking scary! IKnow I need to get a grip and kids get sick but this sucks!

Quoting ajdahd13: Sounds like it. She'll be fine. Just keep pushing liquids, and don't worry too much about food right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Yep. My youngest just had every symptom your dd has. I took her in and they said it's a combo of the flu and the nasty cold going around. Her fever was 103.4 at its highest.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)