Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Venting at home?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Are you "allowed" to vent at home? To your spouse or s/o?

I'm not. If I do, DH gets upset at me for "trying to start a fight" or tells me to stop being so negative or flips out that nothing is ever good enough no matter what he does. Or any number of other responses. I'm never allowed to just take five minutes and vent about something to get it off my chest.

So instead I end up alone in a closed room crying. I'm tired of having no one I can talk to.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Wow, you sound like a dramatic thing!
barbaramjohnson
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:05 PM
If u need to vent just private message me hun I will listen and not judge. I dnt vent to dh not because um not "allowed to" I just dnt for sme odd reason lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:12 PM
I'm sorry :( do you have any friends you call? What about your mom?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:13 PM
And you sound like you think your shit doesn't stink

Quoting Anonymous: Wow, you sound like a dramatic thing!
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:13 PM

No.  If I vent about anything he interprets it as "yelling" at him, even if my voice isn't raised.  I'm not allowed to vent anywhere except out here.

aimlee
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:16 PM

to an extent. but he has gotten defensive and said i was starting a fight and dont think he does enough etc. so i know what you are saying. message me if you ever need to vent :) no judgment here!

DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM
I can and I do. I'm sorry your husband is a dick.
JC2223
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I vent all the time. But there is a difference between venting about a frustration and complaining about that person or their behavior in a passive/aggressive manor.

When I need to vent about a frustration that has nothing to do with DH, I will tell him..."I need to vent this out, so don't take anything I say or my tone personally". If something he did frustrated me, we usually talk it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:19 PM
No. He either pays no attention. Or accuses me of being negative. I'm not allowed to be in any kind of pain or have a bad day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Not really. The couple friends I have are just play date friends. We chat when together but don't call or hang out without kids. I've never been close to my mom.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm sorry :( do you have any friends you call? What about your mom?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)