Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

website for menu/meal planning???

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:26 PM
  • 18 Replies
Ok, so I really need to learn to budget grocery money use sales etc. I have about 250 a month to spend on groceries for a family of 3. Farmers markets, butchers etc are not an option as we just don't have them here. Anyways anyone know a website that will basically give me a menu the recipies to match that menu and the shopping list?? Any advice you have would be great.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofirish3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:27 PM

food.comis pretty good. It has some realy good recipes and it will create a shopping list for what you will need as well menu planning.

caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Thanks. We are so used to buying all kinds of pre packaged stuff (hamburger helper, fozen lasagna etc) i really dont know how to buy and use fresh. :(

Quoting momofirish3:

food.comis pretty good. It has some realy good recipes and it will create a shopping list for what you will need as well menu planning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Bump
nicmain
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM
There is also a meal planning group on CM :)
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Awesome! Going to search for that now

Quoting nicmain: There is also a meal planning group on CM :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momofirish3:

Thanks for this info!

armywifey1983
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Rachael Ray's magazine (everyday with rachael ray) often has a set of 3 meals that revolve around the same grocery list. She sometimes has recipes that you can make from leftovers of some other recipes (does that make sense?). try http://www.rachaelray.com/. I buy her magazine every month, and I LOVE her lowcost options, and especially how easy they are.

AuntieM
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM
All recipes.com has this feature also.
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM
I have seen her show before. I like it her recipes are easy and don't require a bunch of speciality equipment

Quoting armywifey1983:

Rachael Ray's magazine (everyday with rachael ray) often has a set of 3 meals that revolve around the same grocery list. She sometimes has recipes that you can make from leftovers of some other recipes (does that make sense?). try http://www.rachaelray.com/. I buy her magazine every month, and I LOVE her lowcost options, and especially how easy they are.

missvissy
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

we use emeals. It's pretty awesome, we save a bunch of money with it and we rarely eat out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)