Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

15yo, 11yo, 10yo boys sharing a bedroom with an almost 12yo girl (pics page 2)

Posted by   + Show Post
My two step-children share a room with 2 of my boys when they are here. At least every other weekend, all 4 kids share this one bedroom. 3 boys and 1 girl.

I was just thinking that CM probably thinks that is just awful...lol.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
nelliesmommy
by NoTtOdaY:) on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
If it was everyday I would see an issue with it but it's not so, I guess it's ok.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:27 PM
9 moms liked this

awkward IMHO. If they were all under 10 no problem. you have a teen and a girl going through or ready for puberty that has got to be uncomfortable for them.

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly and some ppl just cant afford more space.

Quoting ....ClvrScn.: I do not feel that every other weekend kids need a bedroom to themselves
PeppermintyTea
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I would go crazy at 12 with three boys in my room. Even my two pre-teen boys drive me nuts, and I can kick their moody butts into their bedroom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM
5 moms liked this
I shared a room with two brothers from age 3-14. I finally got my own room in the 9th grade and I was so relived. A girl needs space and privacy.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I think this one person per bedroom thing is unnecessary. I really want another child and someone is going to share a room and that's just the way it is. 

TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM
8 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Here is the bedroom they share. I feel it is plenty of space when 2 of the kids are only here part time. The closet spans the entire back wall. It is huge. It looks bare right now because we've been sorting and pulling out old worn and too small clothes. There are no linens and the step-kiddos bunk right now because they are getting washed.

There isn't much in their room because they just don't spend much time in there unless they decide to sit and listen to music or play on their tablets alone. My step-daughter is actually sitting in a corner doing something right now on her Kindle. You can barely see her.
littlepinkrose
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Every other weekend not a big deal.  My husband has a friend who has his 12 yr. old daughter and 8yr.old son share a room.  The oldest daughter who is in high school is the only kid with her own room.  The parents have there own room and the moms sister lives with them also and she has her own room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
You guys need a bigger house.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:29 PM
8 moms liked this

They're not natural, or adoptive siblings, and your families have not been merged for very long, so I wouldn't allow that in my house.  My ten year old daughter, and seven year old son, have shared a room since birth, but that's not the situation you have on your hands.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)