Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DD wants me to get rid of the dog but I am not going too

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies

Apparently she has developed an allergy to the dog and she wants me to get rid of her. I told her no way. The dog is 16 years old it isnt like he has much longer and him trying to get used to a new house/people could stress him out so much he could die

I told her to take allergy medications, stay away from the dog,  or move out. I am really shocked that she feels that the dog she grew up with (and picked out btw) should be thrown away like trash. 

She doesnt want to take allergy meds but really that is her decision. Sure I feel bad but again she has options. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaBerg85
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM
How old is your daughter? How does an older kid develop allergies just out of the blue?
LiesLiesLies
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Allergies are horrible. Perhaps try to be more understanding...confine the dog to a certain area/level of the home...get her an air filter for her room...etc. At least act like you care and try something...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:30 PM

You can become allergic to something at any age supposedly. IDK though I personally have never had an allergy

She is 20

Quoting mamaBerg85: How old is your daughter? How does an older kid develop allergies just out of the blue?

LiesLiesLies
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:30 PM
I developed them out of the blue..allergies are crazy.

Quoting mamaBerg85: How old is your daughter? How does an older kid develop allergies just out of the blue?
AKDlove
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM

She could move out. Theres no reason for you to get rid of your dog.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM
I developed an allergy to strawberries when I was almost 30. It happens lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you. I wouldn't get rid of my dog either
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM

We live in a small two bedroom home. There is no where to really keep his "dogness" in just one place except for just leaving him outside which isnt going to happen

I have tried cleaning more, and air filter, even printed out info on allergy meds.  

Quoting LiesLiesLies: Allergies are horrible. Perhaps try to be more understanding...confine the dog to a certain area/level of the home...get her an air filter for her room...etc. At least act like you care and try something...

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Yeah no.... If she is that allergic she can move out (assuming she lives there) or take allergy meds. Heck, my BF is allergic to his cat but can't seem to part with him because when his kids are there (every 3 weekends) they are attached to the cat! So he deals with it & takes meds!

Sarahb21
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:33 PM
4 moms liked this

At 20, she's old enough to find a place of her own if the dog bothers her that much. I would never get rid of a dog that is that old. Where would he go and how much damage would that cause your dog emotionally to leave the only family he's ever known? No thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can become allergic to something at any age supposedly. IDK though I personally have never had an allergy

She is 20

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)