Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was This CRAZY???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I wanted to get my son's birthday cake from Kroger.

I've had cakes from other bakeries here and in all honesty Kroger IMO has the best ones, and Lawd knows I can't make a character cake lol.

My son wanted a Ninja Turtle cake for his birthday. So I kept checking for a couple months to see if Kroger would get a Ninja Turtle cake in but they didn't, and when I asked a manager they said they didn't know if they'd get them in at all.

So I e-mailed corporate and told them I'd just have to go to Walmart to get my son's turtle cake and it was too bad as I'd rather spend my money there.

Boom, today they have them in lol. I placed an order so I know my son will have it for his birthday in about 3 weeks.

My friend thinks it's crazy I went to that extreme. I didn't want to trust another bakery because so far I haven't liked any cakes from any of the bakeries here. And I was afraid to trust Walmart as I've never had their cake and didn't know if it would be good or not.

Here's the cake. Not the cutest but my son likes it and that's all that matters.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Is this a cake they normally make?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM

They just got that particular design in a couple weeks ago, which is maybe 2-3 weeks after I e-mailed corporate lol. But yes they've made cakes for my son's birthday before and they have been delicious every time.

Quoting sheena696:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:56 PM

lmao back in the 90's my dd wanted a catdog cake none of the bakeries had them yet. I took in a napkin  that had catdog on it and the bakery made it for me no problem.

kiddycat73
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Walmart cake is nasty. I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:58 PM
That is crazy!! They made sure they didn't loose you as a customer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:58 PM
You could have just brought a picture of what you wanted and they would have been able to make it.
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I was just wondering if this was a cake they normally make and someone was just being lazy in ordering or finding the supplies needed from another store. So they started doing the whole design after your email? lol Ok, so it might be a tad bit crazy, but it worked! :) lol Seriously though, I have no issue with making special requests. 

Quoting Anonymous:

They just got that particular design in a couple weeks ago, which is maybe 2-3 weeks after I e-mailed corporate lol. But yes they've made cakes for my son's birthday before and they have been delicious every time.

Quoting sheena696:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:01 PM
They get their cakes from the same company FYI.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Good 4 u!

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Not crazy at all! My parents shop ONLY at Krogers & there was a specific thing my mom had been searching for. She found it at another Kroger (out of town). She then went & spoke to the manager at our local Kroger about it & they actually called her when the shipment came in! Now they keep it on their shelves! I'm tempted to ask them about Oyster Stew because she loves it but only WalMart carries it & I hate WalMart (mom can't drive now).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)