Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nursing in public

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Is it nip if you use a cover? How about the 2 shirt method? well I guess technically it is but why do people get upset if they are covered?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PhoenixFire
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:32 PM

I nursed in public whenever the baby was hungry. I kept myself covered and didn't care what others thought. It is a natural way to feed a baby. If they had an issue with it, I never paid it any mind.

ApacheRose72
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM
I don't care . I whip mine out if baby is hungry..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM
2 moms liked this
IDK. Why do they get upset for nursing without a cover?

It's a baby. Let it eat and get over it. (General public. Not directed at you OP.)
greenlove2013
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:35 PM
I nurse without a cover in public
mommyrustina
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually had a nursing tank on so it was super easy. I didn't use a cover but with a nursing tank I showed off less skin than the average woman wearing a slightly low-cut shirt. I never had any issues, it is only on cafemom that the crazy, half-naked, boob-slinging mother nursing in public exists.

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I use the two shirt method. But I don't care how someone else chooses to nurse. Boobs don't scare me, my kids know what they're for and my husband is a mature man who supports nursing and simply averts his eyes out of respect.
Cmgmqmmom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM
I double shirt it. It's always worked well for me.
Nutrition_Guru
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM
If I were to nurse in public I wouldn't use a cover. I can't imagine how hot that would be.
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:37 PM
I use two shirts, usually have a scarf on my neck and blanket on the baby. No cover over baby's head though.
JBirecki
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:38 PM

It is NIP if you're covered and out in public. I think some get upset because they sexualize the breasts so much that even using them as they were meant to be used (like feeding/comforting a child) is seen as sexual. I don't use the big covers anymore since my son hates them and I've realized that I'm much more discreet without it than I ever was with it. Luckily, no one has said anything to me either way, but the stories I hear irk me. Especially when they are covered.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)