Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

neighobor situation...wwyd? update :)

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:28 PM
  • 18 Replies

my children recently found some kids to play with outside. my dd who is five took her lambie *doc mcstuffins lambie* with her unbeknowest to me. now the toy is missing. last time i seen it was with one of the neighbor children *i thought it was the other little girls and it wasnt* now the other little girl cannot find it. its a special toy *my dd loves to share her toys but not give them away* what should i do? this is the first time there has been children for them to interact with and i dont know how to handle it

so i took my dd with me and walked to the neighbors house. i kept asking her questions and i seen the little girls bike and it had a little bag on it. i asked her *dd* if her lambie was in there and i opened it up and there was lambie

crisis adverted. she promised she would never take her toys out again lol i doubt that but maybe it will stick

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Ask the mom if she has seen it
suzanneyea
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Ask around, if not , just buy a new one

JackieGirl007
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I would talk to the mom like the PP said, if you've already done that, kiss the toy goodbye and don't let dd take her toys outside, lol.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM

had i known she did and it was hers when i glimpsed it i would have brought it back inside

i dont allow them really to take toys out for this specific reason

Quoting JackieGirl007:

I would talk to the mom like the PP said, if you've already done that, kiss the toy goodbye and don't let dd take her toys outside, lol.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Great life lesson for your child- don't take toys outside to share if you don't want them broken or misplaced.

Miranda1127
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Explained to your dd that we dont lend out things we are not willing to lose. Such is life.
TexTornado
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:32 PM

You handle it by letting your daughter know not to take her special toys somewhere else because she will lose them.  Lesson learned.  Probably will happen many more times until she gets it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Wait until everyone is asleep, find an unlocked window, cut the screen out and rescue Mclambie! Make sure to take a flashlight, and don't be loud.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Talk to the child's mom.  If the child has it and mom is honest, she'll return it.  Sorry your kid lost a special toy.   I hope the lambie finds its way back home to its mama.

ILovemyPaulie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I would nicely go over to their house and ask the Mom if she has seen the Lamb. If she says "No". Then thank the Mom and Politely walk away and buy her another.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)