Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your are divorced...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
1 mom liked this
Would you agree or disagree with the following statement:

"If my ex - spouse had been raised better, the marriage might have survived"

*Disclaimer: The question is intentionally vague; by "raised better", I mean whatever that means to you
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Texasladybug84
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Agree. My xdh was just like he father, his brother and he's uncles ,all abusive.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Somewhat. Yes.
Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Agree

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Agreed. Only his dad was only mentally/emotionally abusive. Exdh took it farther than that.

Quoting Texasladybug84: Agree. My xdh was just like he father, his brother and he's uncles ,all abusive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM
I'm guessing your ex didn't see the link between their behaviors and his own?

Quoting Texasladybug84: Agree. My xdh was just like he father, his brother and he's uncles ,all abusive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM
This. Minus the abusive part. But he was just like all the men in his family. He hopped from bed to bed like they all did and no one taught him it wasn't okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Nope, he would have cheated no matter how he was raised.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe. His parents made a lot of mistakes with him, but there is just a narcicistic aspect to him that I don't think any amount of parenting would have changed.
Texasladybug84
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Ha!! Ya still till this day he thinks he's perfect. He turned into a 32 yr old partier, his best friend is a 21 yr old boy who my brother has beaten up lol. So far from ever becoming mature esspecially at a level to realize why I left him.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm guessing your ex didn't see the link between their behaviors and his own?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Did you ex ever acknowledge the link in his father's behavior and his own?

Quoting nocalmegan: Agreed. Only his dad was only mentally/emotionally abusive. Exdh took it farther than that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)