Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To be honest, or to gtfo quicker?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

We are currently in a roommate situation. It has come to the point that we simply can't do it anymore. I have one child, and about to have a baby. There's too much stress here.  We told our roommates.  I won't leave until they either find other roommates, as they can't afford the house on their own, or find a cheaper place. I have been looking for cheaper places for them, but the roommate thing seems to be what they want. I don't want to leave until they have this situated.  The problem:

They are horrible roommates  Possible roomies we've been talking to have asked us what they're like to live with.  I'm afraid of scaring them off if I actually told them. However, i also don't want them to save up and waste their money for a move if they decide a month down the line that they can't live with them.  I try to put in some of their good and bad qualities. The only problem is their good qualities have nothing to do with running a household smoothly.

Could you lie and tell someone that they are good roommates?  I really want to be out asap.  I just don't want to be a POS.  

Don't feel like writing out all that mess again, but I had a previous post saying some of the issues:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19768078/I_hate_my_roommates_cats

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:05 PM
I could never have a roommate for this exact reason. People are different in a home environment.

I had a roommate when I was 18, and she was 21 and she seemed to think she could control my life.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM

What are their bad qualities?

firebird78
by JKL's mom on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM
They are not your responsibility
If they are such assholes they will eventually figure that out when no one wants to room with them
And honestly some people are just not cut out to be roommates
I'm one of them
JeremysMom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:08 PM

If you are not on some sort of contract then I would just give a reasonable notice and have them try and find another room mate.

LibraBalance
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:08 PM
you don't need to say anything. its not you they should be talking to anyway its thepeople they might move in with...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:12 PM
It's just business. You do what is right got your family and let them worry about the house they got into and can't afford
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Depending  your state LL/Tenant Laws and or your lease, the tenant remaining in the apartment is supposed to find another tenant. They are the ones that have to live with them ...not you. Also your Landlord has to approve a new tenant as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Quoting firebird78: They are not your responsibility
If they are such assholes they will eventually figure that out when no one wants to room with them
And honestly some people are just not cut out to be roommates
I'm one of them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)