Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He could have killed ds!!! And I'M the one that gets yelled at?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

*Sorry for the dramatic title, had to get you ladies in here lol

So I let dh put ds's car seat back in my car today, (should have known better) not only was it not even close to being installed right, but he managed to rip the seat belt, not completely through but its about two inches long and barely still kept together. Like I said, it's an up and down rip, he clearly wasn't paying attention to what he was doing and yanked the shit out of it when it was caught on some part of the seat.

SO...do I need to get the seat belt replaced? And should I move ds's car seat to the other side of the car for now or is it not really that big of a deal?! He really should be on the passenger side because of having to get in and out for school but we'll manage with him on the other side if necessary.

***JUST SO WE'RE CLEAR...I KNOW THAT THIS IS A NO BRAINER..BUT APPARENTLY DH NEEDED SOME CONVINCING, DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED**

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:38 PM

bump

flibbertygibbet
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Yes, and yes.
Move him and get the other seat belt replaced. Then you can move him back
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:43 PM
7 moms liked this

do you think the dealership will let me keep the old seat belt? i'd like to use it to strangle dh with.

Quoting flibbertygibbet: Yes, and yes. Move him and get the other seat belt replaced. Then you can move him back

SirWilliamsLady
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM

About replacing the seat belt or continuing to use it, consider this. You know how durable duct tape is, (the gray or green stuff that can be used for anything).  I bet  you also know how easy it rips once the rip has a start. Put your child in the other seat and get the seat belt fixed.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM

How did he install it incorrectly using a seatbelt? Every carseat I've ever used could only be installed with a seatbelt one way. And aren't there directions on the side of the seat?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM

that is a very good point, ma'am...thank you!

Quoting SirWilliamsLady:

About replacing the seat belt or continuing to use it, consider this. You know how durable duct tape is, (the gray or green stuff that can be used for anything).  I bet  you also know how easy it rips once the rip has a start. Put your child in the other seat and get the seat belt fixed.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Yes, move it to a belt that's not ripped. Honestly, how is this a question?
flibbertygibbet
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:48 PM
ROFL!!
You can ask!!
LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

do you think the dealership will let me keep the old seat belt? i'd like to use it to strangle dh with.

Quoting flibbertygibbet: Yes, and yes.
Move him and get the other seat belt replaced. Then you can move him back

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:48 PM

You can't anchor a carseat with a torn safety belt.  It most likely will fail in the event of an accident.  Get the safety belt replaced.  All they have to do is get the replacement part, take out the back seat, unbolt the old and install the new safety belt.  You shouldn't be charged for more than 1 hour labor as it only takes about 15 minutes to take out the seat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:49 PM

the seat bealt had like 7 inches of slack left on the outside of the seat and he didn't attach the top anchor thing, which the manual says is neccessary when using it with the harness. He's done it before, he knows how to do it right...he was just being a lazy asshole is my guess.

Quoting B1Bomber:

How did he install it incorrectly using a seatbelt? Every carseat I've ever used could only be installed with a seatbelt one way. And aren't there directions on the side of the seat?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)