Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I still dont know if I am an identical or fraternal twin

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

My sister and I grew up thinking we were fraternal...even though we look exactly alike, have the same blood type etc. Back when we were born (30ish years ago) having two sacs and two placentas meant you were fraternal 

Well now we know that isnt always the case. Yes it is more likely we are fraternal but we still dont know. I have always wanted to know but my sister just doesnt care. I think it would be cool to know one way or the other. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Foolynroo2
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:42 PM

post pics

Foolynroo2
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:42 PM

get DNA tests

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I would if she would let me...she is very private. SHe would hate it if I posted pictures of us on here 

Quoting Foolynroo2:

get DNA tests

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
So just post your picture if you look exactly alike. ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I would if she would let me...she is very private. SHe would hate it if I posted pictures of us on here 

Quoting Foolynroo2:

get DNA tests

Jblb
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:01 PM
I would want to know. Don't bug her about it, but go ahead and do al the research, costs etc and ask her again. Good luck
Ray-of-Beezy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:07 PM
I recently wondered this about my twin friends. They look closely identical and claim identical, but they have totally different noses and slightly different eye shapes. I've always been able to tell them apart without a doubt. I'm not really hip on twins so idk if that would make them not identical.

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Does it matter to you if you're identical or fraternal? I mean matter enough to ask sis if shed get a test with you?
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:28 PM
My twin sister and I don't know either! That's great we aren't the only ones! According to my mom they couldn't even tell if there were two sacs or one when we were born. So 26 years later we still have no idea
redhead-bedhead
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:30 PM

LMAO! Right?

Quoting Anonymous: So just post your picture if you look exactly alike. ;-)
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Foolynroo2:

get DNA tests

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:33 PM

To me it matters. I really want to know. 

Quoting AllofFive19: Does it matter to you if you're identical or fraternal? I mean matter enough to ask sis if shed get a test with you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)