Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my sister, but she's irritating me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

I have an 8 and 5 year old who are in school and DH and I work full-time.  We are done having kids, and we have a very happy life.

My sister is a new SAHM (I was for the last 7 years, btw) and has a 13 month old and is newly pregnant (9 weeks?).  So she's struggling with a toddler and quasi-morning sickness.  I get it, I've been there.  There were many diaper changes accompanied by a barf bucket when my oldest was younger and I was pregnant.  It's tough.  I lived out of state when my kids were small, and didn't have anyone to help me either, and I managed.  She's lucky, IMO.

My sister is overly dramatic about it.  She's nauseated and not throwing up.  I guess the other night she threw up ONCE and so she called her doctor about it.  

She told me she was waiting on a call from the Dr. and I was like, "Omg WHY? Is everything okay?"  

She's like, "Oh yeah, just feeling sick.  I threw up last night."  *cue awkward silence*  

Get this, they perscribed her nausea meds.  WHY.  And as she goes to pick them up she calls me and I hear her ordering fast food at a drive thru.  wtf.  Obviously she's not THAT sick.

Anyway my sister also seems to think I'm going to chase her 13 month old around the house for her so she can relax.  She didn't ask, but told me she was bringing him over "To let him run around." I flat out told her no.  I'm relaxing, it's my weekend, and I'm not chasing her kid around my house.

In my defense, I have babysat her child every time she has an OB appointment and her husband is working and can't come, which is a good 2-3 times already - so it's not like I'm not helping her.  Tomorrow being one of those days.  

She's mad at me right now, but I get to decide when I babysit, not her.  

She's a really good mom, but she needs to suck it up a little.  She chose to have kids, she needs to stop expecting everyone to jump in and do things for her when it's difficult.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Her kids aren't your responsibility, bottom line. I mean, it's great to get a little help if you can, but she shouldn't expect or demand it. There have been a lot of mothers who had to do it all on their own; she isn't the first person to get pregnant.

She sounds a lot like my sister. Got pregnant when I did because I guess she thought the world would stop for her. When it didn't I had to constantly put up with whining texts and calls from her about how hard she had it (mind you I was already towards the end of my pregnancy and in a lot of pain and misery myself).

She whined about still having to clean the house (gasp!) and that she couldn't afford to quit her part time job. She would constantly try to one up me in morning sickness but would do the same thing as your sister, stuffing her face with junk and fast food (gee, wonder why you're sick). It was so damn annoying.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)