Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever called? and why?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
crazymomof281
by Melissa on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Nope
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:42 PM

They aren't sure. It was listed as Undetermined. BUT basically he did drugs, had asthma, heart problems and was overweight. He went out one night was drunk and high, went home fell asleep and never woke up...thank god. That was the best thing he could have done for himself and his kids. Crazy thing......IF he had stayed out of NY like he said he was going to then he would probably be still alive...smdh

Quoting Anonymous:

how did hedie? sorry again i can be nosey

Quoting Sassy762:

My DD chose the wrong man to have babies with. He tried to kill her and me. She wanted to take MY grandkids around him on 2 different occasions before he went to jail and after he got out of jail. I told her DAILY for months (4/5months) if she did I would call ACS (in NY) and report her. We had family and criminal courts restraining orders until 2015 against him. She took them and I called. They removed the kids and gave me temp custody...I had to throw her out of my house..

She got them back for about 15 months....then we came to an agreement that  would get permanent custody of them

Quoting Anonymous:

dont wanna be nosey but what happened??

Quoting Sassy762:

Yes several times............... I had to in order to  keep my grandchildren safe and away from their Bio sperm donor POS dad who thankfully is dead now

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM

I don't either.  With her, she is the most codependent person you will ever meet.  She is super high maintenance.  A lot of abusive guys start out showering you with gifts and affection, and she thrives on that.  But when it turns abusive, she can't leave.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will never understand why people stay with abusive people. No judgement, just dont get it...

Quoting quickbooksworm:

No, but I threatened to call on my best friend if she didn't leave her abusive ex. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Nope, it would have to be a horrible situation for me to call. I think people now a days call over petty crap. I also feel a lot of times people exaggerate the situation just to get cps out there when it's really just a small minor thing that didn't even require cps to be called out. Example someone calls saying kids aren't being fed. Reality kids are being fed but perhaps the family is struggling and can't aford a balanced meal every time. So instead of the person being neighborly and bring a basket of food over to help out no they call cps and exaggerate causing more trouble for the family.

BIMOM21
by Andi on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Yes. Had they done anything then, my cousin would still be alive. It took him dying before they permanently took her kids away.
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Exactly!

Quoting Anonymous: No and it would have to be something really extreme to make me call. Too many people call CPS over stupid stuff and end up ripping apart families.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Yes. the people we lived with started spanking there son before 7 months. let him fall down flights of stairs told me thats how he will learn or he will die.On the 100 plus degree humid day locked the kid upstairs for over 8 hours no food no drink.Screamed and cussed at the kids all the time left the kids to sleep down stairs alone and kept the door unlocked fell asleep with them there and they where 3 and barley  1 at the time they even put the 1 year old in a non back booster seat .

rissat79
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:50 PM
I have done this and no they do not. Is sad and very frustrating.

Quoting Anonymous: On a side note i have called APS and they don't do shit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Wow. Why would u not call the very first time u saw/noticed????? If she did it anytime knowing she was pregnant then she obviously will choose drugs over the poor child, especially when he or she is 'older' and 'no fun'. :/ poor baby...

Quoting Anonymous: Getting ready to call soon. I know there is a girl about to deliver her baby. She just "quit" shooting up last week (or so she claims) so the baby would have time to get clean in utero. The minute she starts shooting again, I'm calling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:05 PM
And watch her be on the news for abandoning or murdering her baby after two weeks because 'it just wouldn't stop crying'. Or giving it the drug.someone need to do something

Quoting Anonymous: If she was shooting up for her whole pregnancy one week isn't going to get the baby clean. So she is in for a rude awakening.

Quoting Anonymous: Getting ready to call soon. I know there is a girl about to deliver her baby. She just "quit" shooting up last week (or so she claims) so the baby would have time to get clean in utero. The minute she starts shooting again, I'm calling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)