Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I slept with my kids father

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I know it was stupid. We haven't been together since I was pregnant. He was never around even after the twins were born. 3 years later, he wants to make amends, although he's engaged to another woman. He has never mentioned her to me, but I know all about her (we live in a small town.) He told me the night of THE INCIDENT he loves me, it's always been me and he regrets everything, he wishes things were different and even mentioned us being together in the future. I've always given calculated responses since I know he's a huge liar and cheater, yes he cheated on me and I think with the very same woman he's engaged to! I don't even care, honestly. I've tried dating but none have worked out, I have a crazy busy life supporting and raising two kids. Part of me just wants to get back with him, despite all the crap we've been through, just because he's the only one who understands me (we've known each other over 15 years) and well I don't really like the idea of a guy who is not their father disciplining them, they're at that age now when it's necessary. Believe me when I say I know these are not great reasons to be with someone, but it's their dad... shouldn't we be a family, albeit a little disfunctional?

P.S. because of all of the BS for the last 2 1/2 years, his family does not like me and my family feels the same about him so we'd really be stepping in it by getting back together

Anyone else go through this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for reading, sorry it's so long.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Sounds like a giant toolbag to me.

katieculpepper
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM
just say no
Flylady14
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this

No. Just no. Move on. He is engaged and you slept with him anyways...eh...we all make mistakes. Just move on. I hope it works out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Oh so you'll be posting pregnant soon?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Yeah, that should be a big, giant, fat NO.
jlm2676
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I'm in the same situation (except I haven't slept with stbx since I found out). Stbx and I have known each other for 20 years, married 15. I found out he was cheating on me in December.

My heart still wants him but I know deep down I could never trust him again and no matter what that is not a relationship I could live with.

My advice to you is do not go back, ok you slept with him now move on. Do you really want to be with someone who is engaged who cheated on her to be with you? He is not worth the pain.
TAG9lbs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:24 PM
I agree NO. walk away till he has been fully single for a year and makes extra effort to around the kids and be there for the kids don't give it a second thought.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Just. Say. No.

yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:27 PM

He's playing both of you and you would be a fool to take him back! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I actually am experiencing the same thing, he is the one in a relationship and telling ne he loves me and wants to work it out, on the other hand my family doesn't like him for our past together and I don't want to take the risk of losing my biggest supports for him when he didn't show any respect towards me. Its now to the point he doesn't want to see the kids because I won't be with him. Even though in my head I think life would be so much easier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)