Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is it so hard for people to understand?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I won't and don't call myself shy because I can say and do what I need to when necessary but I don't like to be the center of attention. I don't like to speak to a large group and I don't dance at parties. Why does everyone feel the need to ask me if I'm okay, if I'm having fun, or why don't I loosen up and have fun? I am having fun. I'm listening to the music and watching everyone else dance and mingle. I don't know 90% of the people and have nothing to say and I don't expect the few people I do know to stick to me like glue because they know other people besides me. Does anyone else feel this way? And if you are outgoing why does it seem so weird to see someone like me at a party or other gathering?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Bump.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Because I legit worry if you're enjoying yourself. It makes my uncomfortable having fun if I think you're not. I usually don't pester though, I'll just ask once.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Bump again.
sunangel803
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:31 PM
I get what you're saying. You described me exactly. I hate being the center of attention. The things you mentioned would cause me to have an anxiety attack...not kidding. I'm a person that likes to sit back, listen, and observe. I'm okay with that. I don't have an issue with people that like having all the attention on them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I'm an observer too. Someone posted about those that have a "resting bitch look" maybe you have one too?
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I don't think you're shy, you're more of an introvert. Nothing wrong with that. I think the people ask after you because they want to be sure you're having a good time and don't need anything. I know it can be annoying, but their intentions are good. 

terpmama
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:43 PM
My hubby is like that... I'll check in with him from time to time but I don't pester... Usually it's a look and raised eyebrow to which he nods. But it is a legit worry. I know I like those scenes more than he and if he's getting bored/anxious we leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Can dh and I sit with you and people watch? That's what we like to do to. It's probably why we rarely get invited to parties, lol, but that's fine with us!

Lalasmomma13
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM
That is exactly how I am
crumpy_gat
by No. on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Idk stay home
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)