Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

well I just flunked out of college for the second time.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

The first time I was just 18 and stupid. I enjoyed the freedom of not being home and just didn't care. Now I am 27 and just went back to school for winter quarter. I got an A, a B and an F. They cut off my financial aid. I am just so upset. I know it is my fault but I am going to see if they accept my appeal. My fil was diagnosed with cancer on Jan 10th and passed away on March 11th. My life has been hell the last few months and I really hope they let me try again. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Why did you fail? If you didn't do the work, you deserve the failing grade. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:28 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Why didn't you just drop the class? Or make arrangements when life started interfering?
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:29 PM

What subject did you fail? Why were you able to do well in 2 classes and so badly in the 3rd? 

vamaria
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Hugs. You have had so much on your plate! Today is the second anniversary of my mom's death, and I cannot even imagine having tried to take classes during that time.

jabs54
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  Don't give up!!!  Good luck.

Christy_517
by Lurker on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Did you try to drop the class that you failed? I hope things work out for you.

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM
If you knew you were failing, you should've dropped. You still would've lost your FA, but it would've been easier to get it back and you wouldn't have a failing grade to retake.
j3st3r
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Can you retake just the class in which you got an F? Four year or community college?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM

They have an option to drop classes so you probably won't win your appeal. 

jjames1990
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I am sorry. I know it is hard when life gets in the way of education. Go for a 3rd time, no matter what it takes. You will never regret going back. But you will if you dont.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)