Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should she do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My mom called me and told me she found a phone while jogging in a park. It's one of those galaxy phones. She was looking all over and asking people if they are the owners of it but she couldn't find the person. The phone is dead and my mom took it home with her. She is trying to see if she has a cable to charge it with so she can call someone in the contacts. But no idea what she can do if she doesn't have a charger for it( she has an iPhone so charger won't work). What should she do?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Maybe make an add on craigslist saying she found a phone in the park. Also maybe the local rummage sale pages on Facebook might let you post it there too. Is there a place like Radio Shack or something that can 'borrow' you a charger if she explained the situation to them? Idk...

MotherLady
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
When I found one I took it to a verizon store and had them charge it for me so I could call the owner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Borrow a micro USB charger?
chariot71226
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Take it to the company's store and ask them to charge it, explain the situation. I'm sure they can help.

WindBlownOracle
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:54 PM

You are supposed to take it to the closest police station and turn in it. If after 90 days no-one claims it, or the police can not find it's true owner, she will be given the phone free and clear.

How is it grown adults do not know, or follow this rule?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Thanks I didn't even think about it. She said it says verizon on it.

Quoting MotherLady: When I found one I took it to a verizon store and had them charge it for me so I could call the owner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Really? I had no idea. My mom doesn't want the phone. She just wants to get it back to the owner.

Quoting WindBlownOracle:

You are supposed to take it to the closest police station and turn in it. If after 90 days no-one claims it, or the police can not find it's true owner, she will be given the phone free and clear.

How is it grown adults do not know, or follow this rule?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Take it to the store - Sprint, Verizon, whatever. When I lost my phone, someone took it to the Sprint store, so when I called my phone, I knew it was in a safe place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:58 PM
If it says Verizon they can track down the owner.

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks I didn't even think about it. She said it says verizon on it.

Quoting MotherLady: When I found one I took it to a verizon store and had them charge it for me so I could call the owner.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)