Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you feel comfortable doing this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Every other weekend my son visits his dad. A friend invited me to her place on one of these weekends. Problem is, she lives in another state. So it's a six-seven hour drive. I can't ask her to switch to a weekend my son is with me, since our court order prevents him leaving the county. But I'm not sure I feel comfortable being so far away from him in case of an emergency. What so you think?

*** and she can't travel under doctor orders right now
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Is it a reasonable expectation that there could be an emergency, like a health problem or maybe dad not being the most careful parent? If not, then go. 

Soniam301
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Does your son have health issues? Or some other issues that would cause this concern? Go visit your friend and have a good time!
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM

this.

Quoting Soniam301: Does your son have health issues? Or some other issues that would cause this concern? Go visit your friend and have a good time!

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Is there a reason that you aw worried about something happening? Do things happen often when your son is with his dad?

If not, go and have. Try not to worry about the what ifs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Dads not the most responsible but to be honest he probably would tell me about any issues until pickup anyway. My parents would be nearby if a big emergency occurred...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Is your sons dad not capable of handling things?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)