Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a rant, but maybe you'll get a chuckle

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi ok so as my title says, this is a rant so I apologize in advance...

My DS is just about ready to turn 1 on Saturday and I am so excited-he's awesome, and not the cause for my rant, well not really.

No, my issue is with baby books, other moms, and sites such as this and other parenting sites that have been so frustrating when it comes to what I should be expecting in regard to everything in the first year of having a baby.

"Breastfeeding is natural and your baby will figure it out in a few days" wrong, took 3 months, but hey, atleast he got it!

"Breastfeeding will help you take the pounds right off" nope, stayed nice and plump and was hungry all the time to keep the fat stores up in order to continue producing milk.

"Once he starts on more solid foods, he will sleep through the night" lies, he's slept through the night a handful of times in the first year and has been eating plenty of solid foods.

"Since he's so active, that will tire him out so he sleeps at night" he's been walking since 9 months and see previous answer...

"Once you stop breastfeeding, you will lose a lot of that weight"  haha, did you mean only in my boobs? Because I've only lost my boobs...now they are deflated balloons.

Did I mention my boobs are like tiny, deflated balloons?

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:07 PM
I feel ya. My 15 mo old still won't sleep through the night. Won't wean. I'm holding onto weight from the breastfeeding no matter what I eat or how I work out. This is my third so my boobs have been deflated balloons for years now. I got lucky and all my kids latched on great. Except my third. For some reason she struggled the first couple weeks.
Ms_mom_81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:07 PM

LOL. I know what you mean. My oldest and middle slept pretty well at night. My daughter would be up late, but sleep until 11am. My middle son slept from 7p-7a until he could break out of prison...

Krysta784
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:09 PM
That's the price of motherhood dearie! But look at the prize you got to keep! An adorable baby boy!
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

If the books were honest about all the bad stuff the only pregnancies would be accidental.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:09 PM

lol

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM
My son is over 3 still doesn't sleep through the night.

I got lucky and lost all my weight before I even left he hospital with the twins.

But with my oldest two, I didn't lose all the eight until almost 3 years later. Right before I got pregnant with the twins.

I didn't breast feed so no help there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol the books can't tell the whole truth or women wouldn't get pregnant
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)