Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think we could make it?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:03 PM
  • 2 Replies
So I'm just trying to get some opinions about moving from a small town to a bigger city/area around.
Just a little back story. Husband and I are from a small town in WA, we moved to TN while he was in the military(about 8months) Then back to WA at Ft. Lewis for a few years before he got out and we move back to our home town.
We now have 3boys, he is a machinist and tattoo artist(newish). I am an assistant director of a daycare. Both of us will be starting school this year, him for graphic design and business, me for Early Childhood education. Both for free by way of GI bill and, mine is a full scholarship offered by the college that owns our daycare building.

Anyway.
We used to live in Tacoma and about 40min from Seattle, we went in to Seattle quite a few times(I had as a teen also) and in Tacoma. We both loved all the possibility For learning and just choice that we don't have where we are from.
We just spent this weekend in Seattle for Comicon, went to my friends uncles comedy show and beneath the streets tour.
It reminded us how much we love this area, and how much we miss being close(we now live like 6hrs away).

We would love to move somewhere in the area but just don't know if we could afford it with our family size and lack of education at this point.
I don't want to be a teacher, I would love to work in a daycare/"learning center"(I think that's what they are called in bigger city's lol).
My husband is a jack if all trades really.

We both just feel like it would be impossible to make it and not have our kids quality of life decrease, with out having the more profitable jobs to match the cost of living, kwim?

Any advice or thoughts??
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:23 AM

heck even some city jobs only require a high school diploma.  I guess look for a job first and maybe rent an apartment until you find an affordable home.

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Finish school where you both get to go for free. Then move wherever you want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)