Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Choosing adoption

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I am looking into adoption and would like some positive stories. How did you choose to give up a child and where did you get the information about it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:14 PM
ChewyBrownies
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm here if you ever need to cry or chat. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:16 PM
This is probably not the board to get advice on this. These women can be vicious when he comes to adoption.
babyvader07
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Good luck hope it's what's best for you and your child.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I have not placed a child, but I have adopted. I am very grateful for the choice my dd's birth mom made. Good luck with whatever you decide.
tinybluemoon
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:21 PM

I knew from day one that I was going to put my baby up for adoption. I was never going to keep it. It was either going to be adoption or abortion. Call up some reputable agencies if you need information. Shop around a bit, you will find one that represents clients with your morals.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:21 PM
The woman who adopted my baby, shook him to death 4 weeks later because he wouldn't stop crying.
I did adopt later on in life and let me tell you, make sure to choose who you let adopt your child.
Be careful and good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Thanks i know it is whats best and my soon to be ex husband has agreed it is for the best. I have four kids under four i can barely afford or handle and it's not fair to any of them. My relationship is abusive and i am unable to see any other way out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I' m on the other side,I have 3 adopted daughters,it's funny saying the word 'adoption',because we never use it in our home. My adopted daughters are 25,24,and 19 all were in my home from toddlers.as foster children. When,I became a foster parent in 1991,I never thought about adoptingbut once you start loving a child,and taking care of that child you want to keep that child forever! OP,whatever choice you make,listen to your heart,let your heart speak to you. May God bless you with sweet peace always.
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I just knew that I could never sentence an innocent baby to a crap life because I made a mistake.  I spoke to my guidance counsuler, and she suggested I look into The Gladny center, because it was a local irganization, and they had a campus where the mother could live and continue her schooling during the pregnancy.  Seeing that I could not continue going to that schoo, because my ex, and the father, had chosen to do everything in his power to beat the living shit out of me, I knew that it would be the best option in regards to how I chose an adoptive family. 

It proved to be an excellent choice, because my child is a healthy, happy teenager, has the most amazing parents in the world, and I was able to not only keep up with my schooling, I was actually able to get ahead by a few credits, and I met the teacher that really impacted me the most, and taught me to believe enough in myself to start striving for excellence.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)