Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you knowingly share this....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

there is something wrong with you! I had a relative recently visit. This relative did NOT tell me they had bed bugs until they came and I asked what are those bites all over your arms? It's bed bugs she said, we are getting them treated as soon as we can.  SHE SHARED them in our sleeper sofa. Found out tonight.  I am livid! So far only the sleeper sofa is effected but are you kidding me! She KNEW she had them when she came, I did not.  I am too mad to even speak to her effectively right now.  We have thrown out the mattress, taken all the cushions off and are attempting to put them in our large dryer on high heat.  We got rid of the sheets and matress foam egg crate thing in garbage bags. I have swept under the couch and used a hair dryer in the crevices on the couch on high heat. I am going to do that some more tomorrow along with saturating it with rubbing alcohol followed again by high heat hair dryer and vacumming.  We can't afford the 900 dollar high heat treatment would cost nor a new couch. I don't know what to do. We have all wood floors, no carpeting so I am hoping they are contained to the couch. I have checked the other matteresses in the house and see no signs of them...I have a few bites from sleeping on the couch the other night when dh was snoring.  I don't know what else to do. I could cry my eyes out. I think I found 4 bugs total but there could be eggs. They must have had eggs on their clothes that hatched and are now full grown. I am so upset. I will get rid of them, if I have to find a way to afford treating.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
So gross! I'd be pissed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:49 PM
:(
loquacious
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Sorry!  She sounds stupid.

Cmgmqmmom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd be asking my house guest what money she was giving me to treat the bugs she knowingly brought into my home. I'd also never have her over again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:50 PM

She is smart, just stuck on selfish and what she wants.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:50 PM

OMG. I would never let her set foot in my house again.

polkaspots
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I'd ever speak to her again.
That's disgusting. I don't think I'd leave my house if I had bed bugs, I'd have a store deliver treatment stuff to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UnluckyCharms
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM
This!!

Quoting Cmgmqmmom: I'd be asking my house guest what money she was giving me to treat the bugs she knowingly brought into my home. I'd also never have her over again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I don't know when I will sleep again.  I am clean and the stuff I read says you can be clean and have them. But how to get rid of them is the trick.  I have been cleaning and such since I found them.  I am glad I decided to pull the couch out to check it after it dawned on me what the bites I had might be. One of my children has a few bites as well, from laying on the couch today because the child was sick. Usually they are too busy to lay still long enough.  Yes, I am calling her tomorrow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:54 PM

At least as far as I can tell, they are contained to the one area. I have found them no where else, nor evidence of them, but my skin is crawling and nothing is there. I am sick, just sick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)