Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sending my 6 and 8 year old half way across the US

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:50 PM
  • 28 Replies

I have a very good friend that has been around since my 8 year old was 6 months and has babysat for them since then, that has moved from Missouri to California. She really misses the kids and wants to take them for a week or two this summer. SO and I are fine with it, but my parents and his say it's not ok and shouldn't happen. She is 24 and married, both her and her husband know and love the kids. We can not got due to work but think it is a great chance for the kids?

What would you do?

They are 8 and 6 and she would drive to get them and drive them back.. money is NOT an issue.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I say go for it since she is driving.  They will love the road trip.  Perhaps be able to collect postcards along the way.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like a great vacation for the kids. If you have no reason not to trust her, go for it.

Cmgmqmmom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this
If you and their father have no concerns, then it's honestly no one else's business. It sounds like you're comfortable with it, so let them go. What a fun trip for them.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:55 PM
I bet they'll have a great time!
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:56 PM
All my kids have made multiple trips from Oklahoma to California in their lifetimes. Lasting memories that I couldn't give them but their Grammy and Papa could. I say do it.
ready4happiness
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I would let them go. Let them enjoy their summer.
LadyVoldemort
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:57 PM

this

Quoting Cmgmqmmom: If you and their father have no concerns, then it's honestly no one else's business. It sounds like you're comfortable with it, so let them go. What a fun trip for them.

caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Do it, i send my kids.from AL to CA every summer for the whole entire summer. They even fly, and no i dont go.
Jennifer_236
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I'll say good for it. My kids love road trips and they will remember this 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't. But then again I wouldn't want my kids gone from me for that long. I MAY have control issues lol but I like my kids close by.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)