Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She is causing drama and is threating to ruin his birthday!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

My sons birthday is next weekend, he is turning 10, and he is so excited! He is having a Gremlings/Gizmo birthday party!

My mother has always demanded seperate parties for my family and my husbands mom and dad, but this year we are changing it up and she is pissed! 

This year we are doing his party up and want everyone to come. My husband's sister doesnt live around here and so all there is is his mom and dad and they might as well come and party, there is no reason for them to be forced to celebrate separate, and I see no reason to throw 2 parties.

Here is the problem, MY MOTHER! When I told her this she threw a fit, said she wouldnt come to the party and would tell all of my family not to come. I know she is going to try to talk my son into having 2 parties, saying something like, "Dont you want 2 parties, wont that be fun, twice the cake!" 

My husband is mad and says, and I agree, to just have the party and invite everyone (because I have no reason to believe that the rest of my family wouldnt come, they have no problems with my inlaws,) and if she doesnt come, thats her problem and to just keep her away from our son for the week so she cant talk him into 2 parties, (he is autistic and easily swayed when tempted by grandma with fun things, we are working on this!)

My inlaws are nice people, they have never been rude and love their grandson with all of their hearts!

What do you think, my husband and I are in the right arent we, its not that big a deal to have one big party is it?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beyonce1
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:28 PM
4 moms liked this
She is being a bitch(sorry, but true). You should invite everyone, and who really wants to come and celebrate with you will come. Other people you don't need at the party or in your DS's life for that matter.
mom23heathens
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:30 PM
One party. It's for your child not your mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

No need to apologize, she is being a HUGE bitch!!

Quoting Beyonce1: She is being a bitch(sorry, but true). You should invite everyone, and who really wants to come and celebrate with you will come. Other people you don't need at the party or in your DS's life for that matter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
She needs to realize it's not about her. I wouldn't cater to her ridiculous demands at all. What a shitty grandma, threatening to not come because she doesn't like the guest list. I'd say good riddance.
curvygurl1912
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this

You need to keep your mom away all the time if this is how she acts on a regular basis

PsMama717
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I think you are doing the right thing. It's your mothers problem, not yours! There is no reason to have two parties just because she doesn't want to share his day with your in-laws. If she doesn't come, it's her loss and she'll look like the selfish bitch she's being.

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:33 PM
3 moms liked this

well being as how she's gotten you to follow her wishes in the past, it's only logical that she'd be upset that you're not continuing to bow down to her like she's the queen of sheba.

honestly, it sounds like it's best for everyone if she didn't come.

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:33 PM
What is her reasoning for this? Why would she care?
loquacious
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:33 PM

You and your dh are definitely right!  Sorry you're in this situation!

bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:34 PM

You're completely in the right here. Your mom is way out of line!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)