Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oldest thing you have ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
What's the oldest thing you still have in your closet? For me it's a Summer dress I bought when I was 17 or 18. It's been 16 years and the dress still in good condition and it's still fits me good. Although I did gain a few lbs since. The reason why I still have it because it never out of style. It's simple pink flowery, above my knees with spaghetti straps. I just think about that dress usually in spring /summer.
Vs other clothing, sometimes I just give them away after under a year used.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary716
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:47 PM
I have a sweater that my favorite uncle got me when I was 8 years old. He was killed by a drunk driver a month later and I cant let it go
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM
I have a pair of jeans from highschool. I'll never be able to wear them again (my hips have widened too much.) but they're still in my closet. They're covered in little drawing and signatures from all my friends in highschool... I think I only kept them becuase most of the drawings were from my best friend who passed away a month before graduation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM
3 moms liked this
My DH bwahahahaha
bcoll
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM

A sweatshirt from FIL when I was 16.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM

a dress that was my mom's, and some of her jewelry. 

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:50 PM
My boots that are about 10 years old. They need to be replaced but they are so comfy I don't want to throw them away. Until I fall and break my neck because the heel is loose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Cool story

Quoting Anonymous: I have a pair of jeans from highschool. I'll never be able to wear them again (my hips have widened too much.) but they're still in my closet. They're covered in little drawing and signatures from all my friends in highschool... I think I only kept them becuase most of the drawings were from my best friend who passed away a month before graduation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:50 PM

A coat that I got second hand when I was 13. I'm 41 now.

ready4happiness
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:50 PM
I have a coat that I just love I got it when I was 23. It's 23 years old. I still occasionally wear it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:51 PM

I have a prom dress in my closet... WHY I still have it, I have no freaking clue lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)