Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex didn't show up for his visit with dd...I knew he wouldn't.

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

Thursday night, Ex had gotten angry with me after I asked him to buy dd diapers and medicine (he just found work and child support hasn't come in yet). He said he was going to be paying support and would be technically buying those things. I reminded him to inform the attorney general of his new job,  and he blew up. Said not to tell him what to do. About thirty minutes later, he shows up unannounced with a box of diapers, shoves them into my hands, then says "Ill see you in court."

He was supposed to come visit dd today around noon. I was assuming he wouldn't show, due to his little outburst Thursday. Low and behold, he didn't. Never a text to say he wasn't going to show up, or to set anything for this week. I documented it. 

He can seriously go months without seeing dd. That's a huge deal seeing as how she's barely 16 months old. I mean shoot, he obviously has an issue being a parent. Throws a fit over a $20 box of diapers when he owes over $1000 in support. He has even said to me he couldn't do what I do (caring for her every need). 

A friend of mine gave me this idea...does anyone know how he can sign over his rights? I'm sure he would if it meant he may not pay child support, but I've heard so much about this. I'd definitely be willing to give up child support to protect dd from him. We are in Texas, if that matters.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Here they want someone else to be willing to adopt.
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:51 PM
I believe you need to have someone adopt your daughter on order to give his rights up. But I maybe wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheSilence
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:53 PM
It's not that easy. Someone usually needs to be waiting to adopt the child.
Dulcemama5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Even if he signs over his rights unless there is someone who's going to adopt her they will still make him pay child support
Fields456
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Most states will not allow a father to
Sign over rights unless there is someone willin to adopt her immediately.
How old is your ex ? Sound likes he needs to do some growing up. Sorry you are dealing with all this I have been there took my xh 4ish years to pull his head out of his ass and start to become a good dad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:55 PM

This! I have a half sister. We have the same dad but different moms. My half sister's mom remarried and her new husband wanted to legally adopt my half sister. My dad was asked if he would sign away his rights so that my half sisters mom's new husband could legally adopt her. My dad had no problem signing the papers. After that, my dad still saw my half sister, he was just never required to pay for anything for her. He did buy her things and gave her money and stuff. He did that just b/c he's a very nice and generous man!

Quoting Anonymous: Here they want someone else to be willing to adopt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)