Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anxiety sufferers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

When you have attacks what do you do to calm down? I have severe anxiety. If I have a bad one I call my mom and talk. At night it's hard to get rid of. My DH is good about it but I know its hard for him to understand.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I inhale my oils and breathe to start getting my brain back to rational thinking.

Essential oils are amazing!

I have started to meditate and am back to a counselor and we are starting to use hypnosis.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I focus on things in the room and say them out loud

Chair
Table
Bed

Or start counting what's in the room.
It doesn't take it away but it helps. So does jumping jacks or riding a bike
loquacious
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I try to read.  If I can't concentrate I count.

mary716
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Read. I have severe anxiety when it comes to illness and filth. I have to read or clean to calm down. I had 6 anxiety attacks this weekend and to calm it I stepped outside and just closed my eyes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Medication.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous: I focus on things in the room and say them out loud Chair Table Bed Or start counting what's in the room. It doesn't take it away but it helps. So does jumping jacks or riding a bike

This sounds like a good plan!   I walk everyday and that seems to help prevent them somewhat. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:20 AM
I've had it for a long time and it sucks. It makes me mad when people tell me to "breathe"

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: I focus on things in the room and say them out loud Chair Table Bed Or start counting what's in the room. It doesn't take it away but it helps. So does jumping jacks or riding a bike

This sounds like a good plan!   I walk everyday and that seems to help prevent them somewhat. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:20 AM

You're whack!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Quoting mary716: Read. I have severe anxiety when it comes to illness and filth. I have to read or clean to calm down. I had 6 anxiety attacks this weekend and to calm it I stepped outside and just closed my eyes

I suffer from anxiety too.  What do you mean filth? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine is also about health. I've connected things to that it's the worst and I'm dying. 

Quoting mary716: Read. I have severe anxiety when it comes to illness and filth. I have to read or clean to calm down. I had 6 anxiety attacks this weekend and to calm it I stepped outside and just closed my eyes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN