Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever been out of the country?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

where did you go?

why?

never

I want to go to spain and europe

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Replies (131-137):
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Quoting SommelierMom: Too many places to list. I haven't been to Australia , Antarctica or India. I will make it to India in the near future, hopefully.

India is at the top of my list. In January, I had all of the paperwork prepared and an appointment at the Consulate to apply for the visa when my husband admitted that he didn't really want to go. We went with plan B but I will definitely talk him into it! 

texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:13 PM
For Katrina, we were flying out of Spain, moving to WA, and were due to land in Georgia the day after Katrina hit. We were renting a car and driving from Atlanta to Dallas to visit family. Yeah it sucked trying to find open gas stations anywhere along the coast. Hotels, w had no luck there. Even the military bases had no openings because they'd opened up to refugees. Which don't get me wrong, I completely agree with, but it was interesting trying to make that drive lol.

Quoting Anonymous: I left before then, but I was there for the 8.0 earthquake and Supertyphoon Paka and numerous other typhoons. Then I moved to the Mississippi Gulf Coast and experienced Hurricane Katrina. All of the houses and businesses by the water were wiped out.

Eta: didn't mean to go anon lol

Quoting texasgirl77: We were there for the two major 7.0 earthquakes and typhoons chataan in two years lol. I loved it there despite those two things.

Quoting -BeautifulRose-: I grew up on Guam. Miss it very much!

Quoting texasgirl77: Yes, I lived in guam (technically a US territory) for two years, Spain for three years, visited Portugal and Spent a couple hours in Japan.

Also have traveled all over the US.

Spain was my favorite by far.
texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:13 PM
For Katrina, we were flying out of Spain, moving to WA, and were due to land in Georgia the day after Katrina hit. We were renting a car and driving from Atlanta to Dallas to visit family. Yeah it sucked trying to find open gas stations anywhere along the coast. Hotels, w had no luck there. Even the military bases had no openings because they'd opened up to refugees. Which don't get me wrong, I completely agree with, but it was interesting trying to make that drive lol.

Quoting Anonymous: I left before then, but I was there for the 8.0 earthquake and Supertyphoon Paka and numerous other typhoons. Then I moved to the Mississippi Gulf Coast and experienced Hurricane Katrina. All of the houses and businesses by the water were wiped out.

Eta: didn't mean to go anon lol

Quoting texasgirl77: We were there for the two major 7.0 earthquakes and typhoons chataan in two years lol. I loved it there despite those two things.

Quoting -BeautifulRose-: I grew up on Guam. Miss it very much!

Quoting texasgirl77: Yes, I lived in guam (technically a US territory) for two years, Spain for three years, visited Portugal and Spent a couple hours in Japan.

Also have traveled all over the US.

Spain was my favorite by far.
tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I love traveling. Been to Jamacia, Aruba, Canada (several times), Australia, France (2x), Amsterdam, Italy, Ecuador/Galápagos Islands....I'm forgetting something
TheFairest
by Zombie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Yes, for my honeymoon. It was a cruise to the Cayman Islands, Belize, Cozumel, Costa maya.

DH and I want to go on a second honeymoon but we're interested in doing another cruise but on the Viking Tours.
CowgirlSoldier
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:41 PM

I have been to:

Canada (when I was 15 for a church mission trip)

Kuwait and Iraq (deployed overseas twice 19 and 20)

Germany, Ireland, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, the island of Pulau and Guam (for vacation and living)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Toronto for a few days.

The UK for three weeks.

Both were educational trips.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN