Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So...WEED is just fine , but CIGARETTES are not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

How is it ok for a pregnant woman to sit up and smoke weed while pregnant, but if she smokes a ciggy she's a selfish mother and her child should be taken? So if you have depression, it's just fine to blaze up? You can't stop smoking for 9 months? Same goes for ciggys too. Isn't your kid worth the 9 month wait? I just couldn't enjoy the blunt, it just seems so wrong.

I am a regular weed smoker, so I am not againt weed at all. I do however feel that if you are pregnant you shouldn't be smoking ANYTHING AT ALL.  You are knowingly sitting there getting your unborn child high. How can you be ok with that? I just couldn't believe how many were actually on her side about smoking weed while she is pregnant.  I know here in my state, they always drug test after a women gives birth.  A friend of mine had her son taken away because she tested positive for weed.

Am I crazy in my thinking?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:20 AM
I don't think your crazy :)
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:21 AM
5 moms liked this

Pot can be smoked safely during pregnancy a lot of mothers use it for morning sickness. It helps to keep food down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:25 AM

I suppose, it just still doesn't seem right. Sickness is a part of being pregnant.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Pot can be smoked safely during pregnancy a lot of mothers use it for morning sickness. It helps to keep food down.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah but for some it's so extreme that they can't keep the food down no matter what. The baby & mom both need to eat some how...idk. I'm not saying I would do either and by far cigarettes are far worse than pot but...hey, apparently it serves a couple of uses. Again, I probably wouldn't do it myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

I suppose, it just still doesn't seem right. Sickness is a part of being pregnant.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Jblb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:36 AM
Something about weed doesn't pass through the placenta. Unlike smoking a cigarette...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I smoked pot while I was pregnant to help with the sickness. It was so extreme, I was losing too much weight and my baby wasn't growing properly. None of the prescription meds they gave me worked, but the pot did. I was able to eat and keep it down

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:11 AM
This is an unpopular opinion but I have to agree with you.

I just couldn't do it personally.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:17 AM
Neither are ok imo.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:13 AM
I agree. I used to smoke pot (can't justify the expense to myself anymore). I smoked when I was 2 months pregnant, and felt terrible. I couldn't do it anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:20 AM
1 mom liked this

You should not be smoking cigs OR weed during pregnancy.  I don't believe in putting anything in your body during pregnancy that could harm the fetus..  I had extreme sickness during pregnancy , lost weight and threw up several times a day the entire time  . Smoking pot never entered my mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN