Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have never felt bad about my abortion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Everyone says that you will regret it or that it will mess you up mentally but that is not the case for me at least. All I ever felt was relief. I knew it was the right choice. 

That is my "confession"

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I am pretty sure she is CONSCIOUS. It is also likely she has a CONSCIENCE.

Quoting Anonymous: You just have no conscious. Or you've justified it in your mind .
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Quoting Sparklepants747:

It's a highly personal decision, and everyone is entitled tor their emotions. You did what was best for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Oh ok whatever , yeah she doesn't have a conscience.

Quoting Anonymous: I am pretty sure she is CONSCIOUS. It is also likely she has a CONSCIENCE.

Quoting Anonymous: You just have no conscious. Or you've justified it in your mind .
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:09 AM

That isnt true at all...many women DO regret it

Also not everyone sees it as killing. 

Quoting vic270:

No, I don't need to. I know people are not going to say they regret killing their baby, I don't blame them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Look it up...

Quoting vic270:

do you have the stats to back that up? if not then I don't believe it

Quoting Anonymous: Different women feel differently, but the majority feel no regret. It is not a matter of conscience, there is nothing to regret. We all have our own beliefs and we are all the experts on our own lives, not on the ones of others.
Quoting Anonymous:

are you saying "the other side" should  have the same feelings as those that did not care? Are you saying that it is wrong to have a conscience?

Quoting Anonymous: Actually, the research has found that the majority of women who have abortions feel the same thing...relief. You are not alone in your sense of relief, it is just that the "other side" likes to yell and scream about women who regret them in an attempt to change minds. You did what was right for your life, good for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:09 AM
How far along were you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:09 AM

5-6 weeks

Quoting Anonymous: How far along were you.

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this
To be honest if i chose to have an abortion i would have felt relief too.
If i made that choice then it would be for a good reason, you did what was best for you.
And nobody should even make you feel bad about it(yes! I'm talking to the extremist vagina stalkers on here)
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I didn't feel bad either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM
I never felt bad about mine, either...it was almost two years ago. Technically, when I went in for the abortion, I already miscarried at 5 weeks, so I chose to still take the pills to expel the miscarriage faster.

Had the abortion not been that way, I don't know how I'd feel. I told my husband (then boyfriend) that if the baby was alive on the ultrasound for my consult, I don't think I could have followed through with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not this poster, but no....I absolutely never wonder about that.  Some people REALLY do believe it's a fetus.  And no amount of guilt tripping changes that.

Quoting markswife03: You never wonder about that 24-25 year old son or daughter you would have now?
Quoting Anonymous:

It has been 25 years.  I am not going to start feeling bad about it all of a sudden. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)