Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have never felt bad about my abortion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Everyone says that you will regret it or that it will mess you up mentally but that is not the case for me at least. All I ever felt was relief. I knew it was the right choice. 

That is my "confession"

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Background  Controversy exists over psychological risks associated with abortion. The objectives of this study were to examine women's emotions, evaluations, and mental health after an abortion, as well as changes over time in these responses and their predictors.

Methods  Women arriving at 1 of 3 sites for an abortion of a first-trimester unintended pregnancy were randomly approached to participate in a longitudinal study with 4 assessments—1 hour before the abortion, and 1 hour, 1 month, and 2 years after the abortion. Eight hundred eighty-two (85%) of 1043 eligible women approached agreed; 442 (50%) of 882 were followed for 2 years. Preabortion and postabortion depression and self-esteem, postabortion emotions, decision satisfaction, perceived harm and benefit, and posttraumatic stress disorder were assessed. Demographic variables and prior mental health were examined as predictors of postabortion psychological responses.

Results  Two years postabortion, 301 (72%) of 418 women were satisfied with their decision; 306 (69%) of 441 said they would have the abortion again; 315 (72%) of 440 reported more benefit than harm from their abortion; and 308 (80%) of 386 were not depressed. Six (1%) of 442 reported posttraumatic stress disorder. Depression decreased and self-esteem increased from preabortion to postabortion, but negative emotions increased and decision satisfaction decreased over time. Prepregnancy history of depression was a risk factor for depression, lower self-esteem, and more negative abortion-specific outcomes 2 years postabortion. Younger age and having more children preabortion also predicted more negative abortion evaluations.

Conclusions  Most women do not experience psychological problems or regret their abortion 2 years postabortion, but some do. Those who do tend to be women with a prior history of depression.
http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/Mobile/article.aspx?articleid=481643

Quoting vic270:

do you have the stats to back that up? if not then I don't believe it

Quoting Anonymous: Different women feel differently, but the majority feel no regret. It is not a matter of conscience, there is nothing to regret. We all have our own beliefs and we are all the experts on our own lives, not on the ones of others.
Quoting Anonymous:

are you saying "the other side" should  have the same feelings as those that did not care? Are you saying that it is wrong to have a conscience?

Quoting Anonymous: Actually, the research has found that the majority of women who have abortions feel the same thing...relief. You are not alone in your sense of relief, it is just that the "other side" likes to yell and scream about women who regret them in an attempt to change minds. You did what was right for your life, good for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:26 AM
I'm pretty sure you don't know what she does or doesn't have. She is a random anon on the web.

Quoting Anonymous: Oh ok whatever , yeah she doesn't have a conscience.

Quoting Anonymous: I am pretty sure she is CONSCIOUS. It is also likely she has a CONSCIENCE.

Quoting Anonymous: You just have no conscious. Or you've justified it in your mind .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Im sure Hitler didnt feel any regret either, still doesnt make killing another right. Its true what they say ya know, those who support abortion, have already been born.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Not everyone sees abortion as killing...your opinion is not better than mine. 

Quoting Anonymous: Im sure Hitler didnt feel any regret either, still doesnt make killing another right. Its true what they say ya know, those who support abortion, have already been born.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:29 AM
My mom wanted to abort me. I wish she had. What say you?

Quoting Anonymous: Im sure Hitler didnt feel any regret either, still doesnt make killing another right. Its true what they say ya know, those who support abortion, have already been born.
vic270
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:30 AM

one excuse is as good as another, you are the one that put yourself in these bad situations and then commit murder so you can make it easier to go and have more fun.

Quoting Anonymous: I had 2 in my lifetime. The first I was 14. He was 26. I didn't even know I was pregnant. My mom did though and she took me. I haven't had any thoughts or regrets. The second one I think of here and there and I don't call it regret but more of a memorial. My now ex cheated on me with get this.... a 15 yr old and got her pregnant so she said. I had a baby and a toddler already and I had to leave him. I found out I was pregnant and knew I couldn't handle my situation at the time and another baby. I was working 2 jobs to just get by without help from my ex. The reason I said "so she says" is because her baby was born almost a year later.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous: My mom wanted to abort me. I wish she had. What say you?

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm adopted and I'm very thankful my biological mother chose to give me a chance at life.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:34 AM

If I was put in a position where I felt an abortion was my best option, I would feel the same way. You did what was best for you. 

vic270
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:35 AM

so sorry about the misspelled word. I thought we were talking about abortion, I did not know the spelling police were up so early.and I am so glad that you can correct my spelling and overlook murder.

Quoting Anonymous: I am pretty sure she is CONSCIOUS. It is also likely she has a CONSCIENCE.
Quoting Anonymous: You just have no conscious. Or you've justified it in your mind .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
She left me when I was 2 with my dad, her rapist. When I was 4, her rapist became my rapist. And, when I was 14, her rapist got me pregnant and forced me to abort that pregnancy. I am thrilled with my life but trust me I would give it all up to never have lived through that. Sometimes not being born is better that "living" like that. Every story isn't picture perfect

Quoting momto2boys973:
Quoting Anonymous: My mom wanted to abort me. I wish she had. What say you?

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm adopted and I'm very thankful my biological mother chose to give me a chance at life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN