Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i guess I'm a horrible wife

Posted by   + Show Post
At least according to my brother's girlfriend.
The kids and I are staying with my mom until Friday.
And I didn't cook a weeks worth of meals so my husband can eat while I'm away.

I thought at least my husband could feed himself, but I guess not ever.
Oh and I'm just allowed to leave him and make all kinds of decisions without any input from him.

LOL, I don't think she was being mean, more confused in the huge differences in my relationship and hers.
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:50 AM
My DF probably would starve. I didn't wake up to make his lunch the other day (sue me, I'm pregnant and 5 am is early)...so instead of making his own sandwich, he didn't eat.
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:50 AM
I'm leaving for a long weekend and will make sure there are ingredients for easy, healthy meals or he will eat canned soup and frozen pizza for five straight days. But I won't be asking for help on decisions...I can't think of any decisions that might come up that should be mutual.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Glad I do not have a child on my hands who suppose to be a grown man shit. If her husband would starve if she did not cook then let him starve you should be able to take care of that basic need without someone else can he wipe his own ass or does she need to do it to?

heldcaptiveby2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:13 AM
Mine to!

Quoting Danesmommy1: DH would starve if he waited around for me to feed him, lol.
chairhead28
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:13 AM
If I was leaving for a week, I most likely would make meals for my husband--just because that's what I'd want to do. He can't cook, and I wouldn't want him eating fast food every day for lunch and dinner. I make his breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday..always have, though.
But, I'm not naive enough to not realize there are people that have other types of relationships.
Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Leaving him meals never crossed my mind until she brought it up. :)
I've been leaving for a week or so for at least the last 10 years.

Quoting chairhead28: If I was leaving for a week, I most likely would make meals for my husband--just because that's what I'd want to do. He can't cook, and I wouldn't want him eating fast food every day for lunch and dinner. I make his breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday..always have, though.
But, I'm not naive enough to not realize there are people that have other types of relationships.
karla41164
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:23 AM

He cant cook to feed him self?? LOL Is he related to my husbands Uncle?? He wont eat unless to cook and plaste it for him

chairhead28
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Ah, gotcha.
I hardly go anywhere for long lengths of time without my husband, so, it would just be my first instinct to "take care of him" before I left.

Quoting Bubbie0809: Leaving him meals never crossed my mind until she brought it up. :)
I've been leaving for a week or so for at least the last 10 years.

Quoting chairhead28: If I was leaving for a week, I most likely would make meals for my husband--just because that's what I'd want to do. He can't cook, and I wouldn't want him eating fast food every day for lunch and dinner. I make his breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday..always have, though.
Braydens_Mama06
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

So, you're telling me you married a GROWN man instead of a child?  A grown man who is more than capable of taking care of himself for a week???  Shocking!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:37 AM

when i go visit my parents, i always cook and freeze meals for my hubby. He works hard and i dont want him to come home after a long day and have to cook dinner. 

But each to their own

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)