Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i guess I'm a horrible wife

Posted by   + Show Post
At least according to my brother's girlfriend.
The kids and I are staying with my mom until Friday.
And I didn't cook a weeks worth of meals so my husband can eat while I'm away.

I thought at least my husband could feed himself, but I guess not ever.
Oh and I'm just allowed to leave him and make all kinds of decisions without any input from him.

LOL, I don't think she was being mean, more confused in the huge differences in my relationship and hers.
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Replies (21-30):
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Yes, everyone just does and thinks of different things. It never crossed my mind until she mentioned it and I've been leaving him for at least a week for the past 10 years.
I don't know what he's going to eat, but he'll work it out.
I'm on vacation ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

when i go visit my parents, i always cook and freeze meals for my hubby. He works hard and i dont want him to come home after a long day and have to cook dinner. 

But each to their own

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:43 AM
I cook dinner for the family, the rest he has to figure out on his own.

Quoting Anonymous: My DF probably would starve. I didn't wake up to make his lunch the other day (sue me, I'm pregnant and 5 am is early)...so instead of making his own sandwich, he didn't eat.
PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:45 AM

I read a few of the responses in the "Do you fix your husband's lunch" thread and decided that my imperfection after almost 28 years of marriage because I didn't always make my husband's lunch (he liked making his own more times than not....but I digress.....) was too glaringly obvious and I didn't respond to it. ;) lol

Your brother's girlfriend sounds like she might possibly be young and as you've written, has confusion on the individuality and uniqueness of private relationships. IE...what works for some, will not work for all.

Quoting Bubbie0809: At least according to my brother's girlfriend. The kids and I are staying with my mom until Friday. And I didn't cook a weeks worth of meals so my husband can eat while I'm away. I thought at least my husband could feed himself, but I guess not ever. Oh and I'm just allowed to leave him and make all kinds of decisions without any input from him. LOL, I don't think she was being mean, more confused in the huge differences in my relationship and hers.

babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:45 AM

My husband knows how to feed himself, sounds like you got a "mamas boy" on your hands.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:46 AM
My father in law is like that but not my husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:47 AM
As would mine lol.

Quoting Danesmommy1: DH would starve if he waited around for me to feed him, lol.
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:47 AM
No, not at all.
And my brother is perfectly capable also, I just think that she assumes that is part of taking care of him.

Quoting babygirl4326:

My husband knows how to feed himself, sounds like you got a "mamas boy" on your hands.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:49 AM

How old is this brainwashed female?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Enjoy you vacation ;)  

Quoting Bubbie0809: Yes, everyone just does and thinks of different things. It never crossed my mind until she mentioned it and I've been leaving him for at least a week for the past 10 years. I don't know what he's going to eat, but he'll work it out. I'm on vacation ;)
Quoting Anonymous:

when i go visit my parents, i always cook and freeze meals for my hubby. He works hard and i dont want him to come home after a long day and have to cook dinner. 

But each to their own

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:53 AM
She's 45. I don't get it.
My brother is pretty reasonable and can take care of himself, he can cook (all my brothers are good cooks)

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

How old is this brainwashed female?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN