Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i guess I'm a horrible wife

Posted by   + Show Post
At least according to my brother's girlfriend.
The kids and I are staying with my mom until Friday.
And I didn't cook a weeks worth of meals so my husband can eat while I'm away.

I thought at least my husband could feed himself, but I guess not ever.
Oh and I'm just allowed to leave him and make all kinds of decisions without any input from him.

LOL, I don't think she was being mean, more confused in the huge differences in my relationship and hers.
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Replies (31-40):
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:54 AM
She's 45, I don't get it. But I know she's a people pleaser, in ways that I am really not.

Quoting PPCLC:

I read a few of the responses in the "Do you fix your husband's lunch" thread and decided that my imperfection after almost 28 years of marriage because I didn't always make my husband's lunch (he liked making his own more times than not....but I digress.....) was too glaringly obvious and I didn't respond to it. ;) lol

Your brother's girlfriend sounds like she might possibly be young and as you've written, has confusion on the individuality and uniqueness of private relationships. IE...what works for some, will not work for all.

Quoting Bubbie0809: At least according to my brother's girlfriend.

Oh and I'm just allowed to leave him and make all kinds of decisions without any input from him.

LOL, I don't think she was being mean, more confused in the huge differences in my relationship and hers.

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Bump cuz this is funny
PPCLC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Well....that's just almost frightening to consider that a woman only two years younger than myself would think this way, or not even recognize individuality. 

Quoting Bubbie0809: She's 45, I don't get it. But I know she's a people pleaser, in ways that I am really not.
Quoting PPCLC:

I read a few of the responses in the "Do you fix your husband's lunch" thread and decided that my imperfection after almost 28 years of marriage because I didn't always make my husband's lunch (he liked making his own more times than not....but I digress.....) was too glaringly obvious and I didn't respond to it. ;) lol

Your brother's girlfriend sounds like she might possibly be young and as you've written, has confusion on the individuality and uniqueness of private relationships. IE...what works for some, will not work for all.

Quoting Bubbie0809: At least according to my brother's girlfriend. The kids and I are staying with my mom until Friday. And I didn't cook a weeks worth of meals so my husband can eat while I'm away. I thought at least my husband could feed himself, but I guess not ever. Oh and I'm just allowed to leave him and make all kinds of decisions without any input from him. LOL, I don't think she was being mean, more confused in the huge differences in my relationship and hers.

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Lol that's a damn shame.
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:01 AM
I think that she has some misguided ideas on how to handle her only interracial relationship.
And assumptions on how to care for a black male or whatever.

Quoting PPCLC:

Well....that's just almost frightening to consider that a woman only two years younger than myself would think this way, or not even recognize individuality. 

Quoting Bubbie0809: She's 45, I don't get it. But I know she's a people pleaser, in ways that I am really not.

Quoting PPCLC:

Quoting Bubbie0809: At least according to my brother's girlfriend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Then I am one too! My dh would starve. Oh and I make decisions everyday without him even knowing about it.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:18 AM
My grandfather is this way. If my grandmother is real sick or out of town someone has to go down there and cook for him.

Quoting aimlee:

lol my dad is the same way. if my mom doesnt make meals, have it labeled and set out he would literally starve himself to death. NO joke. If she is away when it is meal time, he will call her and she has to talk him through the process and sometimes sit on the phone with him while he eats. THANK GOD i married a man who can cook for himself. I would go crazy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:19 AM
She's crazy, I would probably cook one big thing of lasagna or casserole of some kind, but other than that no. Knowing my dh he would just get take out for him and the kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:38 AM
That would have been my fil. My mil used to housesit and he couldn't be left by himself. Lol. My dh(we weren't married at the time) would have to spend the week there. It was ridiculous.

Quoting Hoppers33: That just reminds me of my in-laws. Mil went to FL without fil and he ate Vienna Sausages and crackers for a week straight.
aimlee
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:01 AM

it seriously drives me insane. if I ask her to watch the kids she always makes a point she has to be home in time to make my dad dinner. He's 50! he should be able to make himself something or warm up leftovers. even that is a struggle and she has to sit on the phone until its done heating in the microwave to "know he is ok". lol 

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon: My grandfather is this way. If my grandmother is real sick or out of town someone has to go down there and cook for him.
Quoting aimlee:

lol my dad is the same way. if my mom doesnt make meals, have it labeled and set out he would literally starve himself to death. NO joke. If she is away when it is meal time, he will call her and she has to talk him through the process and sometimes sit on the phone with him while he eats. THANK GOD i married a man who can cook for himself. I would go crazy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN